When do you like to swim?

Options
buniphuphu
buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
What time of the day/days of the week do you like to swim?

Replies

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I like to get in 1/2 mile swims at least twice during the week, preferably around 8 pm. The lap pool is usually fairly quiet then, so I can just do my own thing. On the weekends, I like to do a longer swim around midday.

Regardless of day/time, I have to have eaten fairly recently, including a decent amount of protein, or I get shaky afterwards.
  • playmadcats
    playmadcats Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I try to swim Monday morning and Thursday evening before an aqua class. ( means one shower and one set of laundry for both activities ). Then Friday and Sunday evenings. Plus a lesson on a Tuesday evening. Though am hoping to change time on latter as lesson was just before another class, which they don't run anymore.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'd like to go in the morning but I have yet to master getting out of bed before I absolutely need to for work. This is because I loathe my job but I know that if I were to swim before work, I'd feel much better AT work and would have more time in the evenings.

But for now it's evenings, straight from work. I don't trust myself to go home first and then leave for the gym, not yet anyway! I'd like to go on weekends in the morning but I'm not holding myself to that goal yet. I tend to go all in when I start working out and then I burn out...trying to start slow until it becomes a true part of my routine.
  • mccokat
    mccokat Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Evenings. I run in the morning then swim in the evenings. It also helps my cool down my body temp before I try to sleep.
  • rahmat_hidayat
    rahmat_hidayat Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Since 2 months a go. At beginning I learn from my kids. Now I can perform 4 styles. I love swimming so much. Pls advise me to improve my skill..
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @rahmat805- so glad to hear you're enjoying it! It's hard for a lot of people to pick up swimming. I grew up doing it but stopped for the majority of the past 15 years- what was I thinking?! Check out buniphuhu's "Cardio Series" posts- she has links to articles that can help improve your technique. Of course you'll still get great exercise even if your technique isn't great but I've found that good technique helps make swimming easier and more enjoyable :smile: