The perfect pair of shorts

Options
gordonest
gordonest Posts: 5 Member
Hi!
I wear a size 16 and am looking for a comfortable pair of pull up shorts that are summer friendly but also fashionable - I'm thinking Bermuda shorts. Do you wear shorts and if so can you give me any advice? I don't wear shorts but I would like to try it this summer.
Thanks!

Replies

• b3achy
    b3achy Posts: 2,149 Member
    Options
    Bermuda's are nice because they cover up the thighs (one of my least attractive features right after my belly). Most of my shorts in my more mature years, have been longer like Bermuda shorts. They are also good because they aren't too clingy like some of the lycra shorts/yoga pants that are so popular these days with the younger crowd.

I actually like a nice pair of cargo shorts made of ripstop material (I get them from the Columbia outlet when they are on sale - their regular prices are a bit too pricey for me); however, I'm not sure how 'fashionable' they are...'outdoorsy' sure, 'fashionable' probably not. I like the lightweight material though since it's cooler, and if I get them wet, they tend to dry quickly. I also like the extra pockets to put stuff in, since I rarely carry a purse and am often outdoors.

Capris / Pedal pushers can also be nice choice since they are cooler than long pants, and they come down to mid calf. They can be quite fashionable, especially if they have tapered legs. Many come in some cute fabrics to be even more fashionable.

I have been wearing some shorter shorts at my paddleboard races. I've tried to keep them vintage friendly, so they are usually only about mid-thigh (so longer than the youngsters "show it all" / "leave nothing to the imagination" lycra shorts). They are also usually a sporty material that will dry quickly if I fall into the water. They are hard to find these days though.

I've always been a pants/shorts girl, but not overly fashionable or girly at times. However, there are even cute girly skort type shorts which are shorts with skirts over the top. One of my friends wears those a lot and she always looks so cute, girly and fashionable.

Find what you like, and what you feel comfortable in. There are many different styles out there for shorts.
  • twilaorr
    twilaorr Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Try looking for skimmers. Christopher & Banks sells them periodically. They are slightly longer than Bermudas but shorter than capris.