Welcome! Please Read.

Options
Xpecta
Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
Welcome to the challenge. We will be working together to make ourselves healthier this next month.

Let me first start by saying that controlled eating is not binging. If you choose to have a slice of cake, or some pizza for dinner, that's different than saying "Forget it all, it doesn't matter anyways!" And just blindly eating your way through the pantry or fridge.

So here we are to encourage and support each other! We can do this! We can beat this horrible Monster on our backs!

Rules are:

There will be no shaming or bashing for any reason! It will not be tolerated.

Other than that, settle in. This might get tricky, but hopefully we can make some great friends along the way, and learn to love ourselves just a little more!

Replies

• ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Shame is what we do to ourselves for binging all the time. I agree, we don't want to shame here.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    It is true. I'm so bad at shaming myself! It gets so hard!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    I am going to try not to shame anybody for anything for the challenge. That should be hard for me. Thanks for bringing this factor to the light.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Yeah? Is that a difficult thing for you in your daily life?
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Yes, I shame shame shame. Glad to become more aware of it through this group.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    You know what I find very impressive? That you know you're doing it and are willing to change it! That shows wonderful character in you!!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    I broke down and shamed a worker I hired.
  • angela259
    angela259 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    I broke down and shamed a worker I hired.

Breaking old habits is hard! Just take it one day at a time. Is there someone at work you can confide in and that can be your support buddy?
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Agreed with above ^^^ Breaking habits is hard. I'm sure they can forgive you. At least you're aware of it now. And if you truly want to overcome it, you will! (It seems like you do)
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Well, I gave up shaming the worker. I was unable to motivate, so just left a message saying I was starting the work myself since I had missed them (they backed out midday after I waited all morning) two days that week. That got them moving a bit. Then we got to an acceptable point. I won't call them back. I will just hire someone else or do the work myself. All that is left if floor trim.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    That's a good approach to it. How do you feel about it?
  • ltssharon
    Options
    welcome to anyone new who finds this posting