No Shame!

Options
2»

Replies

• Xpecta
    Xpecta Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm new to this group. I joined MFP over a year ago and lost a good amount of weight. Over the past six plus months everything has changed. When I couldn't seem to get myself out of the 150s I began getting frustrated which in turn I started binging out of control. I have gained 30 pounds back. I feel discouraged, angry, disapointed, and mostly embarressed. All those people who said you look great....You're doing so awesome... Etc... If they were to see me now they wouldn't think that. I can barley look at myself. None of my clothes fit and I really feel like a failure. I wake up everyday with the best of intensions and then I ruin it. I don't know how to get back on track. Everyday I seem to end in a complete binge. I don't know if this is the right thread to post this in? I'm really looking for friends, advice, tips and anyone who knows what this struggle is like.

Amanda! Welcome! First off, you need to know that you are wonderful, beautiful and amazing! You are NOT a failure! You are a champion! But you're also human! It's your only flaw :) All of us get so wrapped up and when we make a mistake we are so hard on ourselves. This is absolutely the right place for you, and I think that we will keep this group going longer than just a month. It seems like we all need the community to help us. And I know that feeling. Wake up with all the right intentions, but you can't help it sometimes! We're here for you! You are deeply loved and appreciated here!
  • Xpecta
    Options
    ltssharon wrote: »
    Good point = mostly late evening before bed. It is the frustrations of the day and usually I am also tired and usually somewhat mad at others and my inability to influence. In other words things seem out of control. I am aware at the time that I am exhibiting self destructive behavior; sort of self punishing for not getting things to go right and at the same time trying to comfort myself. Sort of "I give up on everything, and might as well throw everything away" Nothing that I eat tastes good, just a rebellious sort of juvenile tantrum response at my ineffectiveness and anger at being dismissed.

Oh my, this sounds like self shaming and blaming others. Well, today is a new day. Onward11

It doesn't sound like you're shaming. It's really okay! You'll do better in the next few days!! Take every day as a new challenge that you Are more than capable to overcome!!
  • angela259
    angela259 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Had a rough day yesterday. I controlled myself all day but ate too much as soon as the little one went to bed. I am going to focus on staying hydrated today. Good news is that I did loose weight from last week. So the good out weighs the bad this time!
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Yes, that is good news!! After others go to bed is an interesting point in terms of eating. Hmmmm
  • Xpecta
    edited May 2016
    Options
    I read that your kids going to bed can be a trigger to eat. Everyone has triggers, and Heidi Powell was saying that one of her bad ones is when she puts her kids to bed. So if you know it's a trigger, it can help to keep you mindful of it. It's definitely one of mine!!
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Confession time for Krystal!! - I messed up. Multiple days in a row. I feel sick tonight. True, I'm pmsing, so naturally I'm bloated as it is, but I can't lie to myself anymore. I've been so very bad since I started this group. I could throw every excuse at you like I don't have money for healthy food, or I went on a road trip. But I'm taking accountability for my choices. I want to restart my month! I think instead of all of us just following the same month calendar, let's just do our own months. If you can make it 30-31 days without binging, you will "Graduate" from the group (You can still hang around, it just means we'll celebrate you!!) Does anybody else feel like they need to start their month over?
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Aw expecta, you are a great truth teller. Thank you.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    I really am... Sometimes people don't appreciate it haha.
  • angela259
    Options
    I just a whole big bowl of my daughter's sugary cereal. I pick up my daughter in one hour. I just have to hold it down until dinner. I will have to figure out something light but satisfying. Any suggestions?
  • Xpecta
    Options
    What do you mean hold it down?

Hmm light but satisfying for me is rice wraps stuffed with veggies with peanut sauce. Or like a chicken souvlaki pita wrap :) mmmm
  • angela259
    Options
    Rice wraps sound good.

Re-reading my post I can understand your question. Lol. I meant don't binge not actually hold the food down. Like "keeping it all together" make sense?
  • ltssharon
    Options
    If I could make it 30 days I would be amazed. Maybe I will start by trying to get though tonight, June 11. That would be 1 day.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    angela259 wrote: »
    Rice wraps sound good.

Re-reading my post I can understand your question. Lol. I meant don't binge not actually hold the food down. Like "keeping it all together" make sense?

Oohh gotcha. Haha no problem. :)

I think that as long as you have support you can do Sharon!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Today is June 13, and if I make it through that is 3 days. Kind of an up and down day with someone I hired. I don't like conflict, I am learning to be assertive rather than accepting and then regretful.
  • Xpecta
    Options
    How did you end up doing?
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Hi expecta. I ended up bitchy at the person, I think. So I am going to be more assertive UP FRONT, to avoid being bitchy afterwards. I tried that today, and I think that is better
  • Xpecta
    Options
    Good for you!!! That's awesome! I love that along with your eating habits, you are changing other areas in your life. That's so impressive!
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Here I am now in NYC without my kitchen appliances I depend on for my special standby snacks. I am making do with celery, which doesn;t mess up there kitchen or leave crumbs anywhere. Adjustments adjustments
  • ltssharon
    Options
    Oh my gosh, here I still am in NYC probably 10 pounds heavier. I should have kept logging on. Well, now I am participating in a self help program learning how the brain resists change.