Omg my tummy!

Options
auntstephie321
auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
Just a warning to any of you who haven't tried the new Atkins trail bars. I grabbed some today on lunch, I wanted a quest bar because I was pressed for time and it would be quick and easy to grab one. Well the store didn't have any so I saw the Atkins trail bars, I've never bought an Atkins product before but thought they looked good. Well they are 4g net carb and taste ok, kinda nice cuz they aren't really sweet. Well that was six hours ago and now I feel like I have rocks in my gut, the bars are pumped full of 9g of fiber to get the net count down, and it's not the veggie kinda fiber that might pass right through you it's the stupid kind that makes you want to curl up in a ball, like those stupid fiber one bars.

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    It might also be their choice of sweetener, be careful. At least Quest gives you different kinds of sweetener depending on which flavour you buy.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    I think it was the fiber, sugar alcohols don't bother me much, it lists sucralose and I use that all the time. I'm pretty sure it's the chicory root powder, I know that's in the fiber one things to and those things kill me. :(
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Sorry that happened, but thanks for posting... gonna continue to avoid those things!!
    I do shakes only