I was dreaming about carbs last night...

Options
youngmomtaz
youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
Specifically, the chewy chocolate chip cookies I came home from work to find my son had made. And it continued through the night, dreams of croissants, bagels, and pastry. I really am not craving them at all during the day, I feel great on keto at the moment. Weird reaction though. Anyone else have weird dreams/daydreams about food?

Replies

• KetoGirl83
    KetoGirl83 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Yes, from time to time. Especially if I'm tired or have been around foods that I used to love and can no longer eat.

I imagine it's a similar psychological (or even physical) reaction as that of any addict faced with trigger substances. And it doesn't help when people say "what harm can fruit do?". They have the best of intentions, I just want to cry.

::flowerforyou::
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    yup. I call them "Carbmares."
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    rthru8835ii8.jpg

Every now & then.

>:) or o:)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    This happened when I first started. I would have vivid dreams about eating cake and then I would wake up, freaked out for a moment that I actually ate cake.

It hasn't happened for about four months now (that I can recall. Maybe I do dream about carbs still but I don't remember it anymore)
  • youngmomtaz
    youngmomtaz Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    That was kind of how I felt! "Oh, no! Did I eat the cookies? And the toast? And all. The. Things??" Lol. Our brains play such tricks on us.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I swear this thread had an influence on my dreams last night. I dreamt that I was so good for the day and then sabotaged myself with a donut! :# thank god I didn't in real life lol
  • 60to35
    60to35 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    That is so funny. I had one of those dreams last night- McDonalds fries. Actually felt guilty when I woke up. Kept having to remind myself that I didn't really eat them.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking years and years ago I had very similar dreams! I would dream I was smoking and wake up panicked because it was so vivid!! It's part of breaking an addiction but it sure is not pleasant!!!
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    This happened when I first started. I would have vivid dreams about eating cake and then I would wake up, freaked out for a moment that I actually ate cake.

It hasn't happened for about four months now (that I can recall. Maybe I do dream about carbs still but I don't remember it anymore)

Oh my goodness - that used to happen to me too! I was always so relieved to wake up and find out I didn't eat it. :lol:
  • suesuarez
    suesuarez Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I wonder if insulin rises in response to the vivid dreams!
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    When I quit smoking years and years ago I had very similar dreams! I would dream I was smoking and wake up panicked because it was so vivid!! It's part of breaking an addiction but it sure is not pleasant!!!

Me, too! Feeling so terrible when I woke because I'd have to start again. No carbmares yet. But, today a package came from the dealership where we just bought a car... it contained a tin with a half dozen white chocolate/macadamia cookies... i feel guilty now because I handed them to my husband and said, Here Honey, a special treat came in the mail for you! (He's not low carb though.)
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Smoking was relatively easy to quit.
    Just Never Do It Again.

Sadly I cannot apply the same logic to eating.
    I'm afraid eating is a habit no one can break completely.

It's like only being able to smoke 5 per day. Any regular smoker can tell you how tough that is when you are a pack a day person.
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Smoking was relatively easy to quit.
    Just Never Do It Again.

Sadly I cannot apply the same logic to eating.
    I'm afraid eating is a habit no one can break completely.

It's like only being able to smoke 5 per day. Any regular smoker can tell you how tough that is when you are a pack a day person.

Exactly!!! To me cold turkey quitting a 15 year pack+ per day smoking habit was much easier than breaking my carb/sugar habit and losing weight. Especially when I love me some cookies and pasta. Even in "moderation" these things pile on the pounds FAST for me. Of course when I eat them I don't want them in "moderation"!!! ;)
  • robeylori
    robeylori Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep, I smoke and eat lots of carbs in my dreams most nights. I have been smoke free for 6 yrs and LCHF for 6 mos.