Brand new at this

Options
rachelbl72
rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
Hi
I am a newbie but need guidance.
I'm 44 female, 4ft 11, weighing 8 stone 7 150cm tall, Fitbit scales say I've 33.2% body fat.
I would like to weigh 8 stone. I've tried the low fat dieting on and off with poor results so turned to LCHF 2 days ago. I already don't feel so bloated but my question is what should I set my macros too.
My calorie allowance is 1200 a day don't get a lot of exercise so don't really get many calories back. I've set my macros to 20% carbs 20% protien and 60% fat.
Is this right do you think. All opinions all be gratefully accepted.

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Hi @rachelb72,

The Launch Pad has a wealth of information that will help you begin your journey.

http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ here is a link to a calculator that can help work out your macros for you.

Read the post on electrolytes - they are very important and any negative symptoms from low carb can be prevented.

Good luck!

PS. Fitbit scales aren't very accurate. On the website, there are comparison pictures available for bodyfat %
  • closetlibrarian
    closetlibrarian Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Try going to keto-calculator.ankerl.com and plug in your numbers. It gives you a pretty good place to start. Good luck!
  • rachelbl72
    rachelbl72 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Just done it on there and it has helped a lot thanks so much