Too much fat?

TheBuffster40
TheBuffster40 Posts: 23 Member
Bear with me as I'm new to this kind of diet. But I'm concerned about getting more than 50% of my calories from fat. I'm getting under 20g cards and just over 100g protein daily. From what I'm reading this is OK. Im just so used to restricting fat that it feels crazy when I see numbers like that.
Can I eat too much fat in this way of eating?

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    If you eat to satiety, no you can't really eat too much fat. Most days I'm 75-80% fat, and I've been doing this a year and a half. My bloodwork is steadily improving and my doctor's quite happy.

Carbs are a limit, protein is a goal range, based on activity, and fats fill in to satiety. That's the general goal.
  • TheBuffster40
    Thank you (again!) Im in the 50%s for fat - mfp marks it in red..I always feel like red means its wrong or stop of something.
  • cmpinaz
    cmpinaz Posts: 4 Member
    You can custom configure your macro goal percentages in MFP - then I don't think it will flag your fat % in red anymore. Here is a great step by step for how to do that: http://www.ruled.me/carb-tracking-for-keto-diet/
  • ivanfawcettgibson
    ivanfawcettgibson Posts: 193 Member
    MFP marks it in red because they're in a position to tell us that fat is going to do us harm. Some will, but natural dietary fat won't.
  • TheBuffster40
    Thanks - im going to see if I can get rid of the red.