Anyone tried Crio Bru?

Options
Phrick
Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
edited May 2016 in Social Groups
Crio Bru - Ground Cocoa Beans

Just got some as I'm looking to reduce the amount of caffeine I consume without having to reduce the amount of hot morning beverage. It's not the lowest carb thing in the world, at 2g per 2 tbsp of grinds (which brews about a cup) however when I combine the 2 Tbsp into my coffee grounds it's pretty awesome and since I'm not super low carb I can spare the carb... I had some yesterday, brewed 1/2 decaf coffee and 1/2 Crio-Bru, added a couple of drops of sucralose and a very generous amount of heavy cream (because that is what happens when you put your cup on the scale and get distracted while pouring the cream!) and OMG it was heavenly! I'm going to be using it this morning to make a bulletproof cafe mocha, amen.

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Love your distracted cream. Sounds yum. Not heard of it. Will investigate.
  • Phrick
    Options
    Love your distracted cream. Sounds yum. Not heard of it. Will investigate.

when I looked back at the scale it was at 92 grams (!!) so I figured "what the heck," and poured it to 100g even. Talk about indulgent!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Never tried, or even heard of it. I use half caffeine coffee, and prefer it over the regular type now. Gotta have the hwc though! Makes a yummy cup of coffee!
  • LemonMarmalade
    LemonMarmalade Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I wonder how it would be black? We don't use anything in our coffee anymore but the cocoa beans sound delicious!!
  • Phrick
    Options
    I wonder how it would be black? We don't use anything in our coffee anymore but the cocoa beans sound delicious!!

my husband (a non-coffee drinker) just tried a little "black" and was underwhelmed. But, I didn't brew it very strong, which might make a difference.