Kicked myself out of ketosis

KetoLady86
KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
I was going strong dor about 2 mos...and these last few days I have been really messing up, not that bad...but not good. I dont know what to do..I feel down, I know my TOM has been making it harder...how can I get into ketosis faster. Getting depressed
Thanks in advance

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    There's no real "quick" way to get into ketosis by just food alone other than the usual - drop carbs as much as possible. You can add in intense exercise to burn you through the remaining carbs in your intake, but you risk electrolyte imbalances that way. Best thing is just make the choice to get back on plan, and allow only on plan exceptions, etc. If you were strong for 2 months, getting back in the swing shouldn't be more than a day or two to get back to fat burning...
  • KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Thanks so much! I appreciate the reply!
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    A blast of cardio hiit training does the trick for me. Burn out all that glycogen stored in your large muscles. A good hour of sweating your *kitten* off will speed it up by a couple days. Carb cyclers do that. If i dont excercise after a cheat, it takes 4 days for me to get back into ketosis. With intense excercise, maybe 2.5 days. Its worth the pain. Ha
  • balesalicia
    balesalicia Posts: 80 Member
    Kitten? Really mfp? Lol. Okay no swearing. Sweat your butt off is what i was saying
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Yes, MFP has now done a "field" of banned words that switch to *kitten*...and some of them don't even make a lick of sense. Some of us have found it funny and started making up our own silly words/animal replacements for these on our own.