June miles/minute tracking and goal setting

Options
mamarundrc
mamarundrc Posts: 1,577 Member
Here is a spreadsheet for anyone who whats to track something (miles, minutes or whatever).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14I46EKiC7Hfd0LTZL49qJfPzdywm6dMtNAQqn8KPkMA/edit?usp=sharing

Also, what are your goals for June? Maybe we can start using this thread month to month for accountability for other goals? Thoughts?

Replies

• mamarundrc
    Options
    I am aiming for 200 fitbit miles and 100 intentional exercise miles. I missed both by ~30 miles in May but I am feeling strong and healthy and need to get serious about training for my 24 hour race in August.

Other goals:
    -Lose an inch in measurements (or 5 lbs)
    -Track my food up until my vacation (6/25)
    -Do 3 workouts that contain strength conditioning and 2 runs (3 miles+ both can be combined) per week.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I missed my goal in May. I believe it is because I made my goal in Apr. with the intent to run during the first part of May and then go on vacation to hike during the last full week of May. I did go on vacation and hiked, but did not run during the first part of May. That is because plans changed, and I was focused on trying to be set for moving in June. When I set my goal, I wasn't aware I was going to move this month.

Now I need to set my goal for June yet... will have to look at it today or tomorrow and come up with something reasonable. I plan to move mid-month and then to start back at class at the end of the month. This will inhibit activity, though I'll get some additional steps from moving.

I will make a goal for miles, but won't make a goal for any particular level of weight loss. Personally, I don't find that a CICO formula is very relevant to a weight loss outcome. I'm aware that many others find a standard CICO formula to bring consistent and expected results, but it doesn't work like that for me. So I am comfortable making goals for activities (food intake, exercise), but not for outcomes... the outcomes are just not that easily controlled in my case.
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Well I killed May and then some but I had a ton of motivation (comic con) and it came at a price (I am completely worn out). That being said I am walking into June with no motivation or plan so I'm not really sure what I'm going to do. I need to slow down some so I can heal up a bit and I'm in maintenance now so no weight needs to be lost.

I guess I'll aim for 60 minutes a day as my main goal. Other goals will be to work on maintenance (it is actually quite difficult) and work on my planche.
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Well I'm very new to this whole lifestyle change so my goals are pretty simple:

1.) Log my food everyday day and stay under cal goal
    2.) Don't eat back my exercise cal
    3.) Walk everyday
    4.) Start the Thrive Lifestyle Experience to help supplement vitamins and minerals that I do t get with my diet alone
    5.) Log 900 workout mins

I don't like to set a weight loss goal in the event that I don't meet it. Right now I'm just trying to focus on keeping a balanced diet daily and staying as active as possible due to my health concerns.
  • iwant2seemytoes
    iwant2seemytoes Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    my June goals are:

1) log food everyday and not eat back all my exercise calories
    2) 4 workouts per week (not including my 1/2 hour walks to work) hopefully include 1 -swim, 1- cross trainer/run, 1, bike ride / cycling in the gym and one weight workout.
    3) stop eating in bed - had enough of waking up with half a piece of food attached to a body part
    4) focus my mind a little and write about my experiences while losing fat.
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    1. Log more reguarly. At least 4/7 days.
    2. Running at least 3x a week. (Am doing a start to run program, so by end of June, I should be almost at 5k without walking.. I plan to participate in my 1st 5k in August).
    3. Walk home from station on workdays I don't run. (35 min, just about 3km)
    4. Find a way to get some strength training in....
    I am losing weight at a snail's pace because I keep regaining the same 8 pounds. But don't want to put loss as a goal. Shall instead focus on logging and running.
  • mamarundrc
    Options
    I am having a strong start to June which is great. I need to come out fast since I do not know what I will be doing for activity on vacation at the end of the month. Of course I already stumbled on my food logging goal but I am going to get back into that today. I am also adding a daily hydration goal for the rest of the month, a minimum of 80 oz per day. I ran a race yesterday and was way under hydrated so i really need to focus on getting my water!
  • Arwen1218
    Arwen1218 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This month is off to a great start!! I lost another 2 lbs and my diet has been on point. I haven't been logging as much workout time as I would like but that's gonna change this week
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Important lessons learned this weekend. 1) I can't drink like I used to in college. 2) The resulting hangover will destroy weekend workout plans. It was a nice Father's Day on Sunday though.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Right... I have noticed I am such a cheap drunk after losing weight. I haven't even lost that much either, but it might be because I don't drink much anymore because of the empty calories.

So far, I'm behind for the month. I just moved this weekend and used a new home as (hopefully) an easy way to transition to a new schedule. I'm getting up early starting today to go for a run in the morning before work. I'm finding 3 things:
    1) I'm half asleep while running, but also still half asleep when I get into work so the earlier wake-up time is definitely affecting me. I'm going to get a coffee maker to make coffee and have it ready as soon as I get back from running.
    2) I'm not going as far or as long yet as I feel like I should, but need to make some tweaks to get to the distance / time I want.
    3) There was just enough daylight this morning, but it is also the longest day of the year. There will be a time (and it probably isn't far away) when I will need to wear a headlamp to run in the morning before work.
  • realalize
    realalize Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Exceeded my workout goal for June: 1025/880 minutes. Just finished week 7 of C25K, which means I've only got one week left (running 28 minutes nonstop) before I run my first 5k. Have not been good at logging though.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    Seeing a post here reminded me to come back and finish my log. June was not a very high goal and was still not achieved. I was moving and planned to start running before work after moving. That did not happen, and it is now still dark out when I would normally start again. Plus I started a new class so I'm working and studying. I know these sound like excuses, but they are legitimate mostly. To a small degree, I could still get out more. That would happen in the evenings and possibly on weekends... except a busy time at work is coming up, so working late and then still need to do class work after real work. :( I finish my degree in October, thankfully, and can do more then.