Oat Recipes plz!

Options
farhinajannat
farhinajannat Posts: 20 Member
I usually take quick oats in my breakfast with milk and honey. but i realy don't like to eat any sweet thing in the morning. can u plz share any other recipes with quickoats???

Replies

• yoursingingrealtor
    yoursingingrealtor Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I eat the steel cut oats. I add 2 strawberries, some almond butter or any other type of nut butter. Half a banana, about 6 pecans. Tsp of hemp hearts and chia seeds. You can add tablespoon of raw honey or pure maple syrup too.
  • knottyNjerz
    knottyNjerz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    3-4 tablespoons of dry steel cut oats in a small container. Cover with a small amount of almond milk or water. Let soak overnight in fridge.
    In the am i mix it in with greek yogurt and strawberries. Stir and enjoy.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I use oat bran (I've found my toddler likes the texture better than rolled oats) and half a banana and some kind of milk to make it, like cashew or almond milk. I find if you throw the bananas into the milk while you're heating it, it turns out much sweeter and there is no need for sugar or honey. That's how my toddler eats it!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Well if you don't like sweet things in the morning I would opt out of the fruits added. I like this oat blend called Qia that come mixed with seeds, but to your own oats try adding pumpkin seeds, hemp hearts and almonds etc topped with a little almond milk for a more savory meal.
  • lynne822
    lynne822 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try some of the snacks that fitness pal sends that are under 200 calories.
  • Evalen306
    Evalen306 Posts: 11 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like to put oats in my Greek yogurt makes it thick and yummy
  • ChellaLee_FutureDO
    Options
    If you're okay with bananas and no allergy to eggs and you have 10 mins to spare, I found this awesome 3 ingredient banana pancake recipe. You don't even need syrup and no sugar added just natural fructose frome the bananas of course. My husband and I love them!
    Here's the link...
    http://sugarbye.com/3-ingredient-banana-pancakes/