Where shall I begin.....

1. Lack of electrolyte regime
    2. Lack of companion supplements
    3. Eating disorder
    4. Sugar addiction
    5. Scale weight obsession
    6. Lack of self control
    7. No immediate support
    8. Continued persuasion from The Other to just 'be normal and exercise more'

I based my whole experience on just wanting to look hot. To be skinny.
    I totally allowed what the scale said to regulate my mood.
    I didn't accept or love myself the way I do now.
    I absolutely didn't know my worth. As a fat person, as a skinny person, with a Mohawk, with a ponytail.

Now I'll be happy being able to jump around, not grunting while tying my shoes, feeling that awesome feeling of body awareness again...like I'm a powerhouse and watch me climb this tree.

I'm gonna fully get it, and I'm getting it more everyday. This is about not getting Alzheimer's, and about being the best Super Lori I can be.

Thank you caring enough to ask.
    I hope someone can take something meaningful from this.

That need to look hot/great (a.k.a. "perfect") is such a slave driver, really it is. It sucks the joy out of life. You end up always living in that hypothetically wonderful future where you look like a fashion model, instead of enjoying today.

Exactly. So I'm not falling into that trap this time.
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Some girls take the "look" to extremes. One girl at work matched her belt, purse, shoes, cell phone case, and nail Polish. A nice teal color.
    The next day, they were ALL dark blue.
    Third day all red, but she added a red streak to her hair.

She must spend 6 hours every day figuring out how to dress the next day. And I can't imagine the size of her closet....
    I find it ridiculous and feel sorry for the man who has to put up with it.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I can't figure it....I take like, ten minutes tops every day to brush my teeth.... Sometimes I even brush my hair!!! :D:D:D
  • sherryrichie
    sherryrichie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    How's it going, Lori. I'm new to this group, but started low carb in June. Then last month went to keto. It is working for me, and I feel great. Your original post resonated with me - I totally get what you said. This time around for me it's more about my health than the pounds. Hope it's going well for you.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    nua9epbplyjd.jpeg

@SuperCarLori - Are pooch and puss ready for Halloween?
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott thanks for bumping this up. That alcohol diet just about made me cough up a lung laughing as did a few of the other responses on this thread.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    cstehansen wrote: »
    @RalfLott thanks for bumping this up. That alcohol diet just about made me cough up a lung laughing as did a few of the other responses on this thread.

Don't knock it until.... ;)
  • cstehansen
    cstehansen Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Like someone mentioned earlier, this was very near my diet for my second semester in college. Not sure about lowering your weight this way, but I do know that is a great way to lower your GPA. I was told I had a good time though. I don't remember much, so I will have to take their word for it.
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Ahem. Crack suppresses hunger. The pounds just melt away, along with your self respect and everything you own!..... Alcohol is cheaper...

The pooch is ready for All Hallows Eve.... The *kitten*..... Let me ask.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Yep, like SuperCarLori said, lol. I remember losing weight on morphine after orthopaedic surgery. Happy AND not hungry.... wonderful, but not really healthy in the long run for me :'( .
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Hmm. Could medicial marijuana be presecribed for weight loss?

ei9bk1rkgwx2.jpg
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    boy i sure hope so, or all this stinky yums will be for naught! ;)
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Ahem. Crack suppresses hunger. The pounds just melt away, along with your self respect and everything you own!..... Alcohol is cheaper...

But alas, alcohol has carbs, and calories.

• RalfLott
    edited October 2016
    Options
    LauraCoth wrote: »

But alas, alcohol has carbs, and calories.

Straight booze doesn't have carbs;
    http://nobunplease.com/alcohol-on-a-low-carb-keto-diet/

That's why it's so good for you!

(jk... handle with care.)
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    I can't figure it....I take like, ten minutes tops every day to brush my teeth.... Sometimes I even brush my hair!!! :D:D:D

@SuperCarLori - OMG, you and I must be sisters from another mister... THIS ^^^ is so me!!!
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    What is this "brush your hair" thing in the morning all about? Is this not why ponytails were invented? Lol
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @Bonny132 - I sleep in a French braid, so generally, I brush it out, then toss it up in some form of random clip. No muss, no fuss. Eyeliner may or may not be applied. Teeth are brushed. Other basic hygiene routine completed. That is ABOUT ... IT...
  • SuperCarLori
    Options
    Is this a casual way of telling me to read what put me back on this amazing journey? Challenge ACCEPTED!

I feel so much better today.