Body Image, the thin line between loathing and love

Options
TerezaToledo
TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
I usually don't care for Facebook blast from the past, but today it gave me back this article that I shared three years ago: https://brianabolic.wordpress.com/2013/05/15/body-image-the-thin-line-between-loathing-and-love/ , and once again it just hit the nail on the head for me. Happy Saturday everyone!

Replies

• Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this @terezatoledo! I needed this article this morning to remind myself of my journey and why I'm on it. I had a good weigh in this morning - down 0.5 lbs this week and down 0.5-1" on my measurements - but then I took the first pictures I've taken in months and didn't see the progress I thought I had had. I have to remind myself to stay the course - quick fixes aren't long term and I'm in this for the long term!
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    No quick fixes, @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 , but how about lasting results? One day we look in the mirror and feel awesome, the next not so much, but that's how it goes. We judge ourselves too hard, but we would never do that to a friend. I'm sure someone else will look at your pictures and spot improvements that you didn't see. The inchs are coming down (hey, even the scale is coming down for you!). Stay in course, be patient, stick to it. It may not be as sexy as the promises of he next fad diet or pill, but I does work. Be consistent. No more spinning wheels.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    acztcm4tcroj.png
    How about this quote @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 ?!
  • Jennifer_Lynn_1982
    Jennifer_Lynn_1982 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    acztcm4tcroj.png
    How about this quote @Jennifer_Lynn_1982 ?!

Thank you for the reminder Tereza!! You're so right - no quick fixes here!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I was on the quick fix band wagon long ago, but I embraced the lifestyle change now. Eating more food, and fueling your body and just pushing your muscles is where its at! PR's and NSV's for this girl!