The Paleo Way 10 week plan

Options
FitToLead
FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
I'm just starting Pete Evan's 10 week plan. I'm choosing the heal Autoimmune problems option - which is darn strict, though I've done similar before. It's a real opportunity for me to be creative.

NO coffee, NO cacao, NO fruit, NO rice milk, NO eggs, NO dairy, NO nightshades, NO nuts and seeds.

If anyone else out there is doing/has done, be great to share the journey?

Replies

• RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    Keep us posted on your progress, eh?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sounds like what is meant to be my diet. Happy to swap notes. I am eating eggs as my compromise as I found that cluster a little too hard. Will encourage my focus. Happy to swap notes.
  • FitToLead
    Options
    Happy to swap notes.

Thanks for that, both of you. I appreciate the support.
    I did similar process last year, after the drugs I was given to deal with pneumonia burned holes in my esophagus, and made eating, sleeping, breathing- everything - quite hard for a while. ..

Just today, I am having a flat day - which is rare for me - so much focus on food and prep, and not enough enjoying life outdoors and with others.

I don't really miss many of the foods I used to eat, I really do prefer being healthy, stable and sharp of mind, and endlessly energetic- I mean, that's pretty cool, especially since I am morbidly obese.

- though have had the occasional binge out - last week I ate cheese. My favourite treat is cacao and rice milk - and I will need to stop that too starting Monday.. I will enjoy stepping up to the challenge once I start..

Just a hard day today.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Sorry to hear! But you're on top of the concepts and obviously have plenty of resolve, so I'm sure you'll see progress.

As we think about further narrowing of our range of acceptable foodstuffs, a couple recent posts have got me thinking about food sensitivities and allergies - it sure would be nice to know what they are without having to wade through the cumbersome process of trial and error.....

Ever go in for thorough food allergy testing?

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @RalfLott I love the concept of being succesfully tested for food allergies. 18 points in my forearm suggest I an wonderfully healthy and not even allergic to pollen nor house dust. If you know of such a food test I am all ears.

My understanding is that for things like histammine and auto immune responses they build up so they take too long for clinical tests and we each react differently on different days which makes this whole experiment rather tricky. I often react within 20 mins so I personally might have a chance on a food allergy test.

Personally I suspect "leaky gut" which has not healed after a candida imbalance so I am pondering if I dodge fermented foods (histammine high so likely to react with me) or put up with the headaches etc and eat the fermented foods to help heal my gut. Opposite advice thus self experiments continue.

What's the scoop on food allergy testing?
  • FitToLead
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    Ever go in for thorough food allergy testing?

Yes. The thing about that is it can change from day to day. When I had my appendix out - they could not find a tape that i wasn't allergic to, to cover my wound which was infected for 9 weeks. ... Yet, 6 months later when my gut was more robust, liver was happier, I could stick anything on me and be fine.

I can't quite remember where I read this, but there is a way to get a small amount of the food, mix it with water, dob it on your wrist, sleep overnight and if that patch is red in the morning, you know you have a problem with it at that time. I eliminated a lot of things, healed my GI tract last year, BUT, didn't know enough to really improve my gut to heal the core problem. I think if I do that, it will make my journey to dropping a lot of weight just a little easier. I want to increase the range of foods I can eat without a negative inflammatory response.. (Years back in response to heavy metal poisoning I developed severe chemical intolerances which I no longer have, so have a lot of confidence in possibilities)... ... From Pete's website ...

"The Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) is a 3 step elimination diet that has been specifically designed to help those suffering from autoimmunity determine their food allergies and sensitivities, reverse nutrient deficiencies, balance gut flora, and heal their bodies over the long-term, all things we see"Three Steps to a new healthier you"

1. Remove foods that may trigger an immune response, are harmful to the gut, and lead to hormone dysregulation.
    Autoimmune disease is all about an immune system that has gone awry. The Autoimmune Protocol provides you
    with a clean slate.

2. Restore your body with the nutrients and flora that promote a healthy gut and well-regulated immune
    function. Broths/ stocks and fermented vegetables are your new best friend. Micronutrient deficiencies are
    common in autoimmune disease. The Paleo Autoimmune Protocol can restore you back to your optimal being.

3.Understand what your food triggers are with the reintroduction of the paleo approved foods that are omitted in the AIP. Feel empowered to take your health into your own hands understanding how your body works and what foods nourish you to perform optimally in all aspects of your life.

I'm not sure if you wanted all of that @RalfLott, but thought I'd share in case you do.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Yes, indeed. Thx!