So proud :)

Options
So proud to myself! (one the things our clients say at work). My fiancé whom is not currently doing keto wanted pizza for dinner tonight, I managed to find something keto friendly and sat there while he ate half of a pizza from my favorite place, I'll admit I was giving him some dirty looks but I did not cave in!

Replies

• KetoLady86
    KetoLady86 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I know thays hard! My husband and children got baskin robins last night!! Good job! Keep it up
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    If you ever make pizza at home - try making a Fat Head crust. It consists of cheese, almond flour, and egg. Put on some low sugar tomato sauce and whatever toppings you desire. It is really rich so half the recipe is plenty for one person.

My non-Keto boyfriend really enjoys it and sometimes requests it for dinner which makes me happy because I can enjoy it too without eating carbs!

I believe the website the recipe is on is called ditch the carbs.

Congrats on your victory!
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    If you ever make pizza at home - try making a Fat Head crust. It consists of cheese, almond flour, and egg. Put on some low sugar tomato sauce and whatever toppings you desire. It is really rich so half the recipe is plenty for one person.

My non-Keto boyfriend really enjoys it and sometimes requests it for dinner which makes me happy because I can enjoy it too without eating carbs!

I believe the website the recipe is on is called ditch the carbs.

Congrats on your victory!

yep! I love Fathead Pizza. My husband doesn't care for it though because of the coconut flour (he swears he can taste the sweetness..whatevs. lol). Anyway so I asked on my Facebook group and someone was kind enough to share a recipe for basically the same thing but with all almond meal instead of any coconut flour. This makes 2, 12-inch pizzas:

Gather
    ● 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella
    ● 1 cup almond meal (ground almond/almond flour)
    ● 1 egg
    ● 1⁄2 tsp dry basil
    ● 1⁄2 tsp garlic powder
    ● 1⁄2 tsp dry oregano
    ● 1⁄4 tsp salt

Prepare
    1. Preheat oven to 350F/175C and line 2 pizza trays with parchment paper. Set aside for later.
    2. Melt cheese in microwave.
    3. Mix in all other ingredients thoroughly.
    4. Separate into 2 balls (or 1 if making a large rectangular pizza)
    5. Place one ball on parchment paper (this absolutely needs parchment paper!), and top with another sheet of parchment.
    6. Flatten ball with your palm.
    7. Roll out the ball to a 12 inch circle.
    8. Remove top parchment and bake for 8­-10 minutes.
    9. Remove and top with sauce, cheese and toppings. Return to oven till top cheese has melted.