How to not feel frustrated

Options
mkh_1976
mkh_1976 Posts: 6 Member
Really watching the food intake and getting back to exercising - nervous about starting it again today. Keep telling myself not giving up, but still feel the nerves, plus little to no weight loss last week. Depressing!! Anyone else having a rough Monday??

Replies

• nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I embrace Mondays.... I know I can go back to having better control and my weekdays are much more structured. It is easier to stay on the right path when I stick to a schedule. That being said.... I woke up super sore from my workouts yesterday and practically crawled out of bed.... never did get my morning cardio in today.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. Weight loss is not a short term thing. It should be looked at as a long term. That is why people refer to losing weight as a lifestyle change and not a diet. Diet implies short turn. After a while it becomes a habit and it becomes easier.
  • xabachay
    xabachay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You said it KC. We have to look at it as, and make it be .. a lifestyle change. It's my life. I want to be healthy, so I need to lead my life in a healthy way to make it work. I'm finding out just how easy it is to get fat and lazy by not paying attention to our food intake vs our activity levels.

The big thing MK is to keep telling your self, "ok ... I just spent 30 minutes laughing ... why don't you spend 15 minutes to go walk so you can keep laughing longer?" That's what works for me on days I just don't feel up to it. I look at how much time I waste doing nothing, and kinda "shame" myself into it ... I can watch tv for 3 hours, but can't take 30 minutes out to do something I know is good for me? C'mon!