Menopause then bam

Options
slimstrauss
slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
Hi all,
17, months without a period, then having a light bleed out of nowhere with all the symptoms of tom. Know this does happen even after more time, stupid thing is made me eat like crazy and have put on quite a few pounds

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    17, months without a period, then having a light bleed out of nowhere with all the symptoms of tom. Know this does happen even after more time, stupid thing is made me eat like crazy and have put on quite a few pounds

Ooh that does NOT sound fun. MY period has been coming and going, but I hadn't ovulated in EONS, probably several years. Then about 14 days ago I ovulated. OVULATED??? I felt it. I saw the discharge. And then at about day 20 my boobs swelled. I got bitchy. And BAM shark week.

I hadn't gone as long as you without, but I feel your pain!
  • walkjem
    walkjem Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I once went 6 months without a period and then, dang it, it was back! My doctor ordered an ultrasound to check my uterine lining. That was my last period, by the way. If you haven't already done so, you should let your doctor know.
  • Hope4Beth
    Hope4Beth Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Visiting my gynocologist in the morning for this very reason. I was also 17 months without a period. Prayers for a good outcome appreciated!!!
  • slimstrauss
    Options
    Let me know what happens, hope all goes well.
  • Hope4Beth
    Options
    Dr. scheduled me for an ultrasound next Friday. Hope to get some answers then. This really stinks!
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    binge weight is partly water bloat.... get some workouts in when you can.
  • laney4818
    laney4818 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Happened to me after 3 years. Have a dr. appt. in 2 weeks. Had all the regular symptoms of TOM and everything! hoping all is ok. they say it's not normal, but it's not uncommon?
  • Hope4Beth
    Options
    My ultrasound showed a thickened uterine lining. I am currently waiting on biopsy results. Glad you are going to see your doctor.
  • slimstrauss
    Options
    Think my problem was to do with the fact that I had a really bad tooth infection and was put on strong antibiotics which I hear can upset your system, since then nothing again.