Sleeve Revision

Options
tedrapaige
tedrapaige Posts: 24 Member
Has anyone had their sleeve revised into a bypass? Thoughts? Comments? Experiences?

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    That isn't very common, from what I've seen, unless it was a medical necessity. What are your reasons for looking into this?
  • tedrapaige
    tedrapaige Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The sleeve has given me very bad acid reflux. So my surgeon has asked me to think about a second procedure (a:bypass b:mini bypass c:deudenal switch) to get rid of the issue. Just seeing if anyone else has had the experience and what their thoughts are on it.
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ah, that's why my surgeon suggested the RYN over the sleeve. pre-surgery I had pretty bad reflux.
    Post op, it's about 85% better
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I'm not revised, but I started down the road of VSG until it was discovered during my pre-op that I had some pretty advanced Barrett's Esophagus...likely caused by years of reflux. Funny thing was that I haven't actually "suffered" in years but the surgeon surmises that I had damaged my esophagus so badly that I couldn't actually feel it anymore. RNY was suggested as a better option and I had the damaged section of my esophagus removed at the same time.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I also want to add that I am 100% happy with the RNY. I just had some blood work done and my CBC was completely normal...better than it has been in years. I am very good about vitamin compliance most of the time so I'm sure that is contributing but I also realized that I DID need the extra restriction of the RNY and potential for dumping as an added deterrent to get myself on a good path to health and fitness.