not sure what u ladies consume during PMS & Shark Week

Options
ktilton70130
ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
okay sooo what do you ladies consume during PMS and Shark week. I know for sure I screwed myself so I need help,lol. Now I did not go out and eat junk no I simply have been eating a ton of fruit i.e. mandarin oranges so please ladies share what do you do when the cravings hit.

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    My cravings died before I hit that spot in the month, thank goodness. And before Keto my cravings were for salty, greasy, cheesy which is really easy to accommodate on LCHF. I rarely feel like I'm craving anything but I will tell you that I do want to eat certain things because I still have this thing in my head that says I should eat candy if the kids eat some. I know, I know...it's all psychosomatic. Every. Single. Bit. Anyway, I keep sugar free candy near by. Like Werther's hard candies. Just enough sweet but not too sweet. As a matter of fact, I tried a sugar free Hershey Bar and I couldn't eat it, it was too sweet. It's all about dark chocolate for me now. I also use Heavy Whipping Cream, cocoa and your choice of sweetener to make a "mousse" sometimes. For a little crunch I add just a few Enjoy Life mini dark chocolate chips.

I don't find that I crave using artificial sweeteners, but some people do. I still drink the occasional diet soda, which is not a popular opinion here, but it works for me when my brain says "fit in with the crowd and succumb to peer pressure". Sigh...42 and still succumbing to peer pressure...
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Up your fats and salt to help combat cravings. Pepperoni slices with cheese and some pickles are a good way to start.
  • jetsamflotsam
    jetsamflotsam Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke
  • gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I made no churn keto ice cream so I could get my sweet craving satisfied, some great recipes online.
    I lick salt, I just sprinkle it into the palm of my hand which I'm sure sounds a bit strange but I like the taste and it helps keep my electrolytes up.
    I work out no matter how tired I feel because I know that my body is trying to swell up! lol
    Making fat bombs to keep cravings under control helps as well. I sometimes will add a bit of sea salt to the tops before I freeze them. Again, the internet is my best friend with recipe searches.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm higher carb than most:
    nuts
    roasted garlic with oil and salt
    black bean brownies
    black soybean brownies
    sunflower seeds
    fat bombs with whipped cream on top
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    I crave bunless cheeseburgers more than anything during pms so that's all good. I regularly snack on one square of 90% dark chocolate. I don't really crave sweets.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Pork skins, cheese, beef jerky, boiled eggs/egg salad, dark chocolate (I don't crave sweets anymore, either), on the hungrier days. Keeping your fats up will help tons!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    Pork skins, cheese, beef jerky, boiled eggs/egg salad, dark chocolate (I don't crave sweets anymore, either), on the hungrier days. Keeping your fats up will help tons!

That's me too. I generally feel a bit more hungry but I typically crave beef.
    I worked hard to break a sweets addiction so I don't sweeten things or eat anything sweeter than 86% dark chocolate. Bring strict like that helped me lose my taste for sweet foods all together. No more cravings. Pretty much ever.
  • Comms0p
    Comms0p Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Shark week is tough for me - carbs tend to be calling! Thus, 1 of the reasons I wanted to find a group to help support or get ideas from. Yes I'll go for fruit, usually apple with peanut butter. I gotta get back to this! Yay! So glad I got accepted! :)
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Mmm chocolate! I made fat bombs last night with a little cocoa powder, chopped walnuts, Himalayan pink salt, tahini, a couple drops of liquid stevia, heavy cream, and some butter - my first time trying to make them. I just melted it all up in the micro and poured it into two tiny 1 oz ramekins and stuck 'em in the fridge, then scooped one out with a knife later on when I needed it. Recipe is in my diary.

I also get mad cravings for fruity things (being a diabetic/someone who shouldn't have them) so I try to kill those cravings with low-carb stuff like a small handful of blueberries or 2-3 medium strawberries. I also LOVE sugar-free Jell-O with or without heavy whipped cream mixed in. A couple Dasani drops in my water glass also helps keep me on track and away from sugary fruit...the choices are endless.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    I eat WAAAAAY TOO MUCH cheese (yes, there is such a thing even on keto, lol) chased with shots of Franks Hot Sauce. Yes, I drink the stuff, I love its salty vinegary hotness. If I am really bad there are organic blue corn tortilla chips involved, just for the contrast of dry crunchiness. Sweet stuff has never done it for me. Always salty fatty crunchy.
  • ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I will try some of these ideas, not the soda because I do not drink carbonated drinks as crazy as that sounds never did since I was a kid,lol. I will look into dark chocolate and some of the other recommendations. Thank you guys appreciate it.
  • Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I'm one to crave beef or chicken wings that week...not too often that I crave sweets, but it's happened. It's usually froyo that I crave...not ideal, but there are worse things.