Lchf

Options
fitbitmemfp
fitbitmemfp Posts: 2 Member
I have started it today. Is it normal to have so much food? My breakfast was 2 boiled eggs and 2 bacon.. snack ..Parma ham...lunch prawns mayo and salad...tea...cheese burgers with salsa and salad...dolce gusto coffee. I'm really full after that which I didn't expect.

Replies

• gettinthere
    gettinthere Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    One of the perks of this WOE as far as I'm concerned! In my opinion I've never felt so satisfied with a "diet" in my whole life!! Not feeling hungry is one of the reasons many of us do IF, and as you go along you may find that works for you as well! Good luck with your goals and enjoy the fullness!! :smiley:
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    What Samantha said! The foods we get to eat are fulfilling and make intake drop because of that! Eat on plan foods until satisfied. Hungrier days will balance with your not so hungry days.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    >suppressing strong feelings of envy<

Alas, less-virtuous souls may not prosper in an eat-till-full system......

Consequently, I've been forced to institute a daily calorie ceiling (a couple hundred calories higher than my weight-loss target). Fooey.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    The idea is to only eat until satisfied.
    Skip snacks if you're not hungry. It's not uncommon to eat only 1 or 2 meals a day because of the high satiety of high fat foods.
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What everyone else said - and I guess (so I'm hearing on the interwebz) it's also OK to not eat if you just aren't hungry, aka "intermittent fasting" or I.F., as folks call it. As long as you feel satisfied, you are probably okay.

I've also forgotten how super-easy it is to just not be hungry all the time on this WOL. I did Atkins 10+ years back when it was enjoying a revival and dropped 30 lbs in 5 months. I only sort of gave up because I was doing it wrong and got lazy. It totally feels like a lot of food! I am trying to stay around 1480 cals per day and today was the first day since I started tracking (last Tues.) that I actually got really close to hitting my macros. I used this to help me: http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/. Good luck!
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    My goal is never to feel full, just never feel hungry or hangry as some folks write. I don't do well w that irritable feeling or feeling like I'm on a diet. I eat 1300 calories, watch my macros and lose weight, move on to the next day in a routine. Don't eat because you feel you can or should eat at a designated time. Don't IF because you feel you 'should'. Keep at it and you will find a balance.