I'm Struggling....HELP!!

Options
Msyl03
Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
I started low carb again at the end of April, I lost 15 pounds. Now I'm getting bored with my food. I don't want to eat baked chicken and broccoli, I don't really want to eat anything. I just want to drink COKE! I'm frustrated! So frustrated! How do I get back on track? Do I need some recipes? Should I just fast until I can get it together? I was doing so well, now I've gained 5 pounds.

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Chicken and broccoli is boring. You need to kick things up with some pork chops, or steak, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, mushrooms (cooked in butter)! Find some different lc foods you like and go for it! Kick the cokes to the curb! They are making you hungrier! Hang in there!!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Are you on a specific low carb plan? I do more of a keto diet with low carbs but high fats and I find that I don't get bored. The fat makes me feel really satisfied. I usually find recipes on Pinterest to keep things interesting!

We have a daily menu topic here in the forums. I will bump it up so you can get some ideas of what everyone else eats daily!
  • KETOGENICGURL
    KETOGENICGURL Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    can you open your food choices to a much wider range? is it cost of groceries? You can have fatty steak, burgers (on lettuce wraps) mayo, cheeses, nuts, heavy cream, butter, many more low carb veggies you did not mention.

maybe you meant those 2 foods as example only? no one is stopping you from cooking and eating MANY more high fat foods...if you don't cook, like, me, then cheese, nuts, pork rinds as snack foods can satisfy.

LEAN chicken and broccoli is NOT a LC diet as you are depriving yourself of fats...dark meat chicken, cooked in butter, butter on the veggies, sour cream added helps.

You CAN try a "fat fast" but it is very early to do that..if it helps you get going again, and you can't choose a different diet soda, or non calorie /non sugar drink then this could help.

3-5 days 1000-1200 of fats: cream cheese, butter, a couple nuts, HWC in coffee...90% fats, and 10% protein (meat, etc) it's online if you search it.

ONLY for 3-5 days, then slowly add back other foods and lower fats to meet your macros of 75-80 fats..
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with other posters....change it up and add some FAT! Don't drink the coke, even diet, if it makes you want it more. Hang in there, you can do it. Look at other's diaries for inspiration. Mine is open, but my meals don't vary much until dinner usually. I like my BPC, eggs and bacon/sausage. There are so many ways to cook the options we have for fats and proteins. Last night was St. Louis ribs on the grill with a dry rub...no carb filled sauces. Tonight leftovers. I put them in the crock pot on a wire rack with some chicken broth and liquid smoke in the bottom so they are tender for tonight...on a very low heat. That keeps them from drying out and becoming shoe leather. I ate salad with it and use a high fat low carb dressing. Do you like cheese? Lots of cheeses are wonderful and consider eggs in all the ways you can cook eggs...hard boiled, deviled, fried, scrambled, with stuff in them...toss in some low carb veggies, cheese or meat and build an omelet. Unless I do take out for chicken and the skin has been breaded, I always eat the skin. Not long ago I made Mexican and didn't want the fat from the skin in the base for the quesadillas so I took the skin off, browned it under the broiler and ate it just like that. And I am a full on believer that Bullet Proof Coffee staves off hunger for hours! I was up early this morning and drank a cup - about 0600 and then around 1230 I had another. I'm good til dinner now. When I add more heavy whipping cream to it, it lasts me longer but really ups the calories; I'm trying to keep those under 1750.

You can do this! There is a thread for an egg fast that I'm really interested in because I'd like to see if I can jump start (I didn't lose last week and hoped I would). You can do this!
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I just bumped the "What does your low carb meal look like?" topic. Just a few of those should take care of any boredom problems.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    You naughty Ketoites are making my mouth water!

What I would have given, back when I was worshipping the false low-fat idol, for a butter-and-cream sauce and veggies drowning in EV olive oil!
  • Msyl03
    Msyl03 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I struggle cause I don't have a lot of time to get things done once I get home like grocery shop, cook, clean, exercise. So I try to cook the chicken cause its easy. I'll take a look at the food posts.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Msyl03 wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions. I struggle cause I don't have a lot of time to get things done once I get home like grocery shop, cook, clean, exercise. So I try to cook the chicken cause its easy. I'll take a look at the food posts.

I am the laziest cook ever! I totally know what you mean!
    The sauce I make when I'm eating something low fat and boring is so stinkin easy!
    (I don't measure, so I'll give some estimates for what makes enough for my family of 5)
    Put about 3Tbs butter in saucepan on low. Add some chopped garlic or whatever seasonings you want, then add about 1/4 cup heavy cream or half n half (whatever's on hand). Bring to a simmer and add whatever cheese you want. Maybe 3 or 4 ounces of cheese??? If it's too thick, just add a dash more cream, if it's too thin, add a bit more cheese. Done! Takes about 5 minutes and you want to make it last because if you let it sit on the heat, it will start to separate and be weird... Still tasty if that happens though. Lol

I should say, the family gets a little spoonful on their food but I get several spoonfuls. They also eat more vegetables than I do, so it's fair. :wink:
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I generally don't like to cook, but I will spend a whole day making casseroles and quiches and chicken and pork chops and anything else I can think of. Then I freeze in portion sizes and avoid cooking for two or more weeks.