Stupid things I read on the internet...

Options
nicsflyingcircus
nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
Due to its high fat and cholesterol content, red meat should be limited to about three 3-ounce servings per week.

That was just the gem I randomly stumbled upon today. Please feel free to add your own.

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    The endocrinologist who PUT me on a LCHFMP diet in the first place told me at my last visit that "and lower fat diet since LDL was a little high."... And that was after I dropped it over 20 points in 6 months.... I'm SO frustrated!!!
  • DietPrada
    DietPrada Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Girl I work with was told by her nutritionist that she's tired alot because she doesn't eat enough carbs. And she's not even consciously "low carb" she just avoids pasta and potatoes and such for health.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    After telling my endocrinologist about the 5000mg of sodium I get each day he warned me about high blood pressure. My blood pressure was 104/60 that day, and that was months after being able to discontinue my blood pressure medications!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    After telling my endocrinologist about the 5000mg of sodium I get each day he warned me about high blood pressure. My blood pressure was 104/60 that day, and that was months after being able to discontinue my blood pressure medications!

lol, my doctor also didn't believe my blood pressure should be as normal as it is because of the amount of coffee that I drink. I didn't even mention the salt intake. She would probably have a heart attack herself, if I did.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    The endocrinologist who PUT me on a LCHFMP diet in the first place told me at my last visit that "and lower fat diet since LDL was a little high."... And that was after I dropped it over 20 points in 6 months.... I'm SO frustrated!!!

Wha..? Odd advice.

Take with a grain of salt (and other keto treats)!
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Due to its high fat and cholesterol content, red meat should be limited to about three 3-ounce servings per week.

:D
    I've been average 3 per day... Good thing my cholesterol is low!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Talk about how much bacon and heavy cream I eat with my vegetables. Hilarity ensues.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,409 Member
    Options
    Cheesy567 wrote: »

I've been average 3 per day... Good thing my cholesterol is low!

When I eat beef (way more than thrice per week) it is 4-12oz at a time
  • Midnightgypsy0
    Midnightgypsy0 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My Doctor hates me. He has to take cholesterol meds. Mine is so low he can't hardly measure it.