Simple ways to increase fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    WBB55 wrote: »
    I personally start my day with coconut oil in my coffee. I find it to be a satisfying breakfast and I can go from that at around 6:30am until about 2:30 or 3pm before getting hungry again.

I personally can't stand the taste of coconut oil in my coffee, so lately I've been trying MCT oil and/or butter in my coffee (you have to use a blender of some kind to make it frothy) to get a little more fat. Like u/Sunny_Bunny_ , it's been working as a substitute for breakfast and keeps me going until lunch. I use 1T of each. It also seems to level out the caffeine and make it "last" longer.

I found Crisco organic coconut oil which has no flavor at all. I hated coffee and the idea of any fat in a drink weirded me out so much...but I broke past my inhibitions and tried it. WOW! I started with lots of HWC (quarter cup) and lots of fake sugar (3T). Now I'm down to no HWC and only 1 tablespoon of sugar substitute in a 12 ounce cup of coffee with butter and coconut oil. I ran out of the Crisco brand with my cup this morning and the new coconut oil is a different brand. I'm interested to see if I like it too. I purchased it because it was a better bargain.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Fat bombs. Sweet or Savory. Google with LCHF in front of it. I make some that are a jello-type that taste more like custard yogurt. I make a spicy sausage soup that could likely be adapted to fish. I make cheesecake types. I've made some with bacon, eggs, avocado, smoked salmon, cream cheese, etc. I make some that are kind of like a faux fudge or lemon squares. It's all about your preferences and if you have sweets problems.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Riche120 wrote: »
    So what would be some other ways to increase fat for someone who doesn't eat meat (except occasionally salmon) and really does not care for coconut oil at all? I do eat a lot of nuts and olives, but it's getting kind of boring.

Refined coconut oil and also MCT oil has no coconut flavor or smell.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options
    Johnsonville Brats!!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
    I've seen the grocery lists for acceptable keto options but what I'd really like to see is a concise list of baking ingredients. I love to bake and really want to try some of the sweet fat bombs and other treats. What are some staple baking items?
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady staple baking items include sweetener, almond flour, coconut flour, xantham gum, nuts, maybe a cocoa powder or dark baking chocolate
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Use my veggies as a fat vehicle. If I'm having baby spinach, I will cook in Kerrygold and a dollop of full fat sour cream. Blue cheese works with raw veggies, Baked parm cheese crisps, pepperoni!
  • RowdysLady
    Options
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I add olive oil to hummus and use sugar snap peas for dipping.
  • arkansasteriann
    arkansasteriann Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like Let's Do Organic coconut flakes...a serving has 2 net grams of carbs but also 10 grams of coconut oil in a tasty snack. you might like to try that, they are great lightly toasted, in extra coconut oil of course.
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Coconut butter!!! YUM!!!