Frustrated

Options
Cazzyxo
Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
After feeling amazing completing W5D3 I have really struggled with W6D1&2 :( It has been humid here in UK (were finally getting some sun) but I can't just blame it on that! Any advice? Surely after running 20min, 10min stints should feel much better?.! Xox

Replies

• btsinmd
    btsinmd Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    It can be due to many reasons, but yes I found W6D1 hard even after doing W5D3 without too much trouble. It could be the terrain, the humidity, your sleep, all sorts of things, some that you might not even notice. If you successfully completed D1&2, then I'd just keep going to W3D3. If you don't complete a day, then repeat. Make sure you're taking your rest days.
  • KGill67
    KGill67 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    A bunch of us had the exact same experience - it seems to be a common stumbling point. Does your C25K program go back to intervals after the W5D3 20-minute run? That might be part of the problem. Keep on going - it WILL get better again.
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I think sometimes it is harder to get going again once you stop. Sometimes when I am running and get tired I would rather push through then stop and have to face starting again.
  • Cazzyxo
    Cazzyxo Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yes it went back to intervals. Think I will repeat day 2 of week 6 again. That was two lots of running for 10mins. Kinda disappointed cus I haven't had to repeat before. Its not like I didn't complete W6D2 I just struggled lots! Xo
  • mtcastillo86
    mtcastillo86 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with repeating, if that's what you need. There are no rules. It's just you and the road.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    Those intervals suck. Once you get back to running for a period, it'll be easier and Week 8 is traditionally easier than Week 7.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Week 8 is where I struggled (I did the 9 week program). W7D3 was great so I was really surprised. Week 9 was awesome. No idea why Week 8 was so bad, but my body just didn't like it. I pushed through though, finished the workouts, and was really glad that I had. Don't get discouraged - I've come to realize that sometimes you're just going to have bad runs.
  • jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    It's really normal to have an incredibly hard run after a great one. Luckily, the opposite is also true, you often have really great runs after hard ones. It is very common and no cause for alarm. Frustration, unfortunately, is a really deeply imbedded part of this process. Saturday I ran a 5k, and today I had to do intervals because I couldn't tolerate the humidity, even though it was just as humid and 10 degrees hotter on race day, and I made it through. Try to be patient and gentle with yourself, and remind yourself that progress isn't linear, it's a little more like a jagged uphill climb.