What's your diet

Options
What is your dietary protocol and why did you choose it? I'm a cyclic-keto guy myself, I love the science behind the approach and enjoy the many benefits it provides e.g., accelerated lipolysis, improved hormone profile, improved cholesterol ratio, positive nitrogen balance, low insulinogenic factor and ease of implementation.

Replies

• Zaldar87
    Zaldar87 Posts: 1
    Options
    Atkins works best for me
  • StephAnieMS86
    StephAnieMS86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am basically on South Beach Diet (Phase 2). I aim for 30% carbs / 35% fats / 35% protein. I chose it because it has worked well for me in the past. I am a sugar addict, so being on a diet that says no-no to it helps me a lot. I don't play well with carbs.
  • jdyray
    jdyray Posts: 7
    Options
    Is that the new one written by Dr. Eric Westman?
  • SherlocoATP
    Options
    Keto, Atkins, all terrible in my opinion and the opinion of the Dieticians at Imgurfit, and frankly i wont dress it up, that's just the cold hard opinion.
  • jdyray
    Options
    It's a goal centric protocol Sherlock. And there is no one size fits all diet. What works great for you might not be so great for someone who isn't as tolerant to carbohydrate. An appeal to popularity doesn't really apply in this case either. It doesn't matter if everyone on Imgurfit thinks the diet is trash. Not to long ago everyone was sure the Earth was flat which didn't mean anything to the Earth that just kept spinning. If it works for those who follow it, and improves their quality of life and health then it works. You are, of course, entitled to your opinion.
  • gregkelly
    gregkelly Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm not sure if it's a named diet or not, but I try to follow a clean diet of 6 meals a day, 6 servings of protein, 5 servings of carbs and 5 servings of veggies. The sixth meal I threw in there because I tend to get hungry an hour or so before I go to bed. It's a protein only meal and is usually just a whey shake (no added sugars). It works for me because it's simple and I don't have to think about it much. Shop once a week for x proteins, x carbs, and x veggies...

I do have to say I usually allow one cheat day a week where I can eat out and have a beer or two.
  • jdyray
    Options
    That sounds pretty solid gregkelly.