Running in the rain - how to protect phone and FitBit?

Options
Heartlight441
Heartlight441 Posts: 278 Member
Any suggestions on how to protect my phone and my FitBit Blaze? I don't want to take my blaze off but I could if I had to. I just like to wear it for the HR monitor. And my phone, I need for my C25K app (and music).... Thanks in advance!

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I would guess your Blaze would tolerate ordinary rain. I've briefly dunked my Charge HR on occasion with no problems and don't worry about it at all if it is raining lightly when I go running.

For your phone, if you carry it in a pocket, but want to be extra sure it stays dry, you could put it in a ziplock bag. I do that with mine when I want to listen to podcasts in the shower. When I run I don't worry about it, but I've never run in a heavy rain.
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree with @NancyN795 regarding your FitBit. When running I use the Virtus Gear Running Belt and would feel comfortable that it would protect my phone from the rain, and I assume several of the arm band cases would also be water resistant enough.
  • Rindy12
    Rindy12 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    The Blaze is water resistant - per their website - "Fitbit Blaze is sweat, rain and splash proof, but is not swim proof." The review on dcrainmaker.com says he wore it in the shower (not recommended by FitBit) and it still worked, so I wouldn't worry about running in the rain with it.

As for the phone, I used to put it in a ziplock bag when I ran in the rain. Last time I upgraded my phone I got a LifeProof case that makes it waterproof.