Introduce Yourself!

Options
Hi I'm Hannah. I love to run, thats why I created this group.
I also love animals, especially cows and pigs.

Replies

• KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Trish from New Zealand and don't particularly like running - only the buzz at the end when I have completed the run! Training using miCoach for a 10km run in Sept. I am a vegetarian that eats fish maybe 6 times a year when dining out.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    I have competed four half marathons this year so far and my first marathon just two weeks ago. My diet is mostly vegan.

I'm interested in getting to know other vegan runners.
  • claudiazittle
    Options
    Hi I'm Claudia and I live in Switzerland. My goal before the end of the following school year is to complete a marathon. I have run a couple half marathons, both while I was Vegan and one while I was living an Omnivore lifestyle. I would like to slowly transition back into my Vegan lifestyle by becoming Vegetarian and then proceeding to fulfill a completely Vegan lifestyle!

Any tips for healthy foods, training schedules, and positive affirmation would be much appreciated. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
  • riatulip
    riatulip Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Im Ria, and I have been living in USA for the past 7 years. I have been a vegetarian all my life.... I want to start running for health, and just getting started! I am also a mother of a 3 year old
  • unicoser
    unicoser Posts: 3
    Options
    My name is Mariana i started jogging 3 weeks ago. I´m preparing for my first 5k run next month! My goal is to lose 12kgs (22 lbs) of weight, to get in better shape, fitter and to run a 21k race! Also i want to get in a healthy shape because my husband and i want to have our first baby in two years, and i want a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby. Some day i want to do a triathlon.
    I´ve been ova-lacto vegetarian for about 3 years now. I really like how i feel since then, but now it´s time to achieve my healthy weight.
  • Jodi_56
    Jodi_56 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello! My name is Jodi Morgan. I am 56 years old, married 28 years with 2 young adult children ages 25 and 23. I run about 50 to 60 miles per month, pending minor injuries. Typically, my diet is about 90% lacto vegetarian. I just decided to transition to 100% vegetarian with an ultimate goal towards vegan eating. Unfortunately, a total vegan lifestyle would be a culture shock to my shoe collection. I'm looking forward to networking with you!
  • ukbeccie
    ukbeccie Posts: 6
    Options
    Hi, I'm Diana. I need help and encouragement, so I'm trying to make more friends with MyFitness Pal. Please add me. I've been trying to track since January . . . on and off . . .
    I'm planning to run my first half marathon in October. I started running in January (well walking mostly), but now I can run 7k (slowly, but without stopping- Hurrah)! I haven't lost the weight that I thought would just fall off me, but that's probably because I'm inconsistent - both in running and keeping to a healthy vegan diet.
  • bokchoybaby
    bokchoybaby Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm Jillian. I'm a long-time vegan and a relatively new runner. I'm only running 3-4 days per week right now because I'm also lifting three days a week and prefer to save my running for non-lift days for better recovery. Right now I'm trying to get my 5K time consistently under 30 minutes. I'm also trying to do a "distance" run one day a week -- not very long yet since I've been adding mileage slowly. I'm definitely finding it challenging in this humidity and find myself eagerly looking forward to fall for once.
  • Georgiacole1
    Options
    Hey, I'm Georgia. I'm a vet student and spend most of my time at a desk so running is a great outlet for me. I have always run on and off but now I'm looking to train for some fun runs just to have the satisfaction of saying I did it :)I'm also new to the vegan lifestyle and looking to pick up some tips on healthy eating
  • Mishka0321
    Options
    Hey! I'm Mishka, and I've been vegan for about a year now for ethical and environmental reasons. I ran cross country in high school, but really haven't gotten back into the habit of running regularly. I just downloaded a nike running app, and am now training fir a 5k. I used to think of running as a way to burn calories, but now, I just want to be more physically fit so I can be more active. I'm not overweight, but I'm not exactly where I want to be. I could definitely lose a few pounds. Running is great for weight loss, but I mainly need to focus on portion control. Haha peanut butter is my downfall!
  • bjjsurfer
    Options
    Hi, I'm Randy from Va. I have been a vegan for 6 months now and am loving it. I am currently training for a 24 hour race where I hope to finish between 50 and 75 miles
  • jammysammy
    jammysammy Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm currently a vegetarian and running my first marathon on May 25th (Ottawa - I live in the city). After that, I want to finally give up cheese and train for my next marathon (Toronto Waterfront - Oct 19) as a vegan. I'm looking for people who successfully train for the marathon, meeting all of the CRAZY hunger requirements and without giving in to the pull of cheese!!!

:) Samantha
  • proximateplatypus
    proximateplatypus Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    hi I've been a vegan for a few years and running for a couple months. and an adrenaline junkie my whole life!!!! haha
    before now I was more into skiing, long distance cycling just as a hobby, and for the future I'm thinking about getting into triathlons and/or cyclocross and/or trail running, sky running etc
    for the meantime I'm training for a 10k which is in 20 days.
    if anyone wants to add me on here or on the nike+ running app that would be cool?
  • GreenTeaPotato
    GreenTeaPotato Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Hello! I live in San Francisco, went vegan in Sept. 2012 and not looking back. I've never run a marathon but running is my exercise of choice and I just love it.
  • amyjeanw84
    amyjeanw84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Amy and I've been vegetarian for about 7 years now. I am currently a Pesco-vegetarian (eat some fish and seafood) however I was completely vegan for about 4-6 months and then vegetarian for many years before eating the way I do now. I try to limit my processed foods and eat as much raw vegan foods as I can. I am looking for ideas about getting better nutrition while I'm training. I am currently training for a 1/2 marathon in Novemeber. It's my first 1/2 but I just completed a 10k about a month ago. Needing to shed about 10 pounds if possible before the 1/2 (making me slooooow). Nice to meet everyone and excited to get some great feedback and ideas!!

Amy
  • new_newfie
    new_newfie Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Sheila. I have been vegan/vegetarian for the last 15 years but strictly vegan for the last 2. I run 5 km 3 times per week but would like to increase that as I need to lose about 30lbs to be at my ideal weight. I recently moved to St. John's Newfoundland.
  • megane684
    megane684 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been vegetarian for over 20 years and vegan for over 10. I've recently started running and would love to connect with a few people that enjoy the same! I'm hoping to run faster, farther, and tone along the way.
  • tomaattikastike
    tomaattikastike Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian, mostly vegan runner living in Finland, I have been vegetarian for some 15 years, and running for 12. Here to find motivation and support, and like-minded people with similar goals might help - at the moment, I am around 10 or 15 lbs over my ideal weight, which, running wise, hopefully corresponds to a sub 80 min half next spring. I also run longer races, although in general, I race very rarely - I like running too much and don't like getting injured.
  • tytilghman
    tytilghman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Ty. For the past 5 years I switched back and forth between vegetarian and vegan, and finally recommitted to vegan. I'm focusing on a whole foods plant-based diet. I also signed up for three runs this year. A 10K next month, a half marathon and a full marathon. Looking for motivation and support and maybe even a running buddy :smile:
  • marthalamew
    marthalamew Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m Mateo and I am new at being a vegan, and have started to run again. Look for forward to inspiring stories and journeys.