Do u workout? Do u have any tips

Options
So I just started IF. I was simi introduced to IF by a Co-worker. She swore by fasting cardio ( 1 hour of cardio before your 1st meal) and working out twice a day. I did it and successfully lost just under 50 pounds and kept it off for 2 years. I now have a new high stress job and found myself fasting due to stress. I was never much of a breakfast eater anyway.

Now I want to take it to the next level and drop another 50 pounds of fat. My plan is to do 30 mins of cardio every morning have my 1st meal at 11, last meal at 6pm and strength training 4x a week. Ohh and 1 cheat meal. Does that sound crazy?

What's your workout routine?

Replies

• cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I'm fasting I've been sticking to cardio, either a rebounder, treadmill or elliptical. I'm working my way up to strength training while fasting, but it's summer here in Texas and the heat tends to kick your tail so haven't made that happen yet.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's crazy but you may want to start a little slow because you'll burn out doing to much and that's easy to do. When will you do your strength training?

Anyway, I'm one to workout after eating, although I did run once before the eating window and it was quite manageable probably due to the fact that I had a lot caffeine in m system. :)
  • financelady12
    financelady12 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is the best. I do my 1st workout fasting, just cardio. I used to run 30 mins in the morning now I am just walking, I think that is enough until i get use to thinks. The strength workout is after work and not fasting, My plan is to workout then have my last protein shake/meal of the day. Like I said that is only 4x a week.
  • dcresider
    dcresider Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @financylady12- what kind of strength training are you doing?
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Caffeine is the best. I do my 1st workout fasting, just cardio. I used to run 30 mins in the morning now I am just walking, I think that is enough until i get use to thinks. The strength workout is after work and not fasting, My plan is to workout then have my last protein shake/meal of the day. Like I said that is only 4x a week.

I read somewhere that if you strength train during your fasted window to take BCAA's afterwards. That's what I plan to do when I go back to my two a days. I've been doing those for months now and I'm taking a break to try and give my body a break. I just do Insanity/bootcamp/run in the morning and I have Softball Mon/Tues after work but I don't really count that as a workout. I just started IF though and plan to eat lunch to dinner (12-8pm)
  • Shaynaloses100
    Shaynaloses100 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been doing the 5:2 and the 16:8 and workout a total of 30 minutes each day. I follow the Fitgirlsguide program and its strength and cardio mixed. I have no issue working out on my fast days I just drink lots of water and black coffee when I need it. I do a 5k once a week and it's on a fast day as well. Also no issue. Good luck!
  • britsy1986
    britsy1986 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    What is 5:2?
  • daiyewalker
    daiyewalker Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    5:2 is fasting 2 full days out of 5, I believe, not sure if they have to be back to back.
  • jabu12345
    jabu12345 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    britsy1986 wrote: »
    What is 5:2?

I'm sure you found the answer by now....5 days normal eating, 2 days 500 calories for females 600 for males. There's a great BBC documentary on this. It's on YouTube , the full program.