Having problem eating 1200 calories for the day

Options
SherriJo5830
SherriJo5830 Posts: 14 Member
For the last week I've been having a real issue trying to reach 1200 calories. I've been pretty much barely going over 1000 and today I can't even get to 1000 I'm full, I'm not hungry. I hate forcing myself to eat. It's gotten pretty hot where I live and that contributes to that. I don't eat much when it's hot. Been drinking lots of water also throughout the day. Suggestions needed.

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    How long have you been low carb? It's very common especially in the first few weeks to feel not hungry, after that don't freak out if you find yourself haven't very hungry days. They will tend to balance out over time.

Eta: some find adding fat bombs in to be helpful for getting a good chunk of fat and calories in something small, I would only go to those if you are finding yourself eating very low calories for extended periods of time
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    No need to eat when you're not hungry. Follow your hunger. Eventually things will level out.
    Really. Don't try to force down extra calories for the sake of meeting some arbitrary calorie "goal".
    This level of ginger won't stay this way forever. When you're more hungry in the future, you'll eat more. Your body has stored food. Let it use it.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Roll with it! Hungrier days will come, making these unhungry days even out! The lower calories aren't a problems unless you keep having them way more than hungry days. Then there could be a potential problem. But, for now, keep doing what you're doing! Welcome to the amazing benefit of LCHF!
  • jetsamflotsam
    jetsamflotsam Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I'm on the last day of week 3 and having a similar issue... My calorie goal is 1740 calories but I've been averaging around 1400-1500...
  • SherriJo5830
    SherriJo5830 Posts: 14 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I was concerned it would mess with my metabolism if I'm falling on the low end a lot. I've lost 9lbs in 3 weeks and feeling lots better since I started low carb. Glad I decided to join this group