Carb dreams, anyone?

Options
DameMcMame
DameMcMame Posts: 18 Member
I've got a weird question, guys. So I've been doing Atkins a little over 3 weeks. And my mind will not stop obsessing over carbs I want to eat. I'm not hungry, but I guess maybe addicted in some way. I've also been having these heartbreaking dreams where I get to eat oreos and macaroni. And when I wake up, I'm so sad. Will this go away? Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences?

Replies

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    It's a thing. It happens at the beginning. I used to dream that I ate cake and then would wake up, panicked that I ruined it.

@baconslave refers to them as 'carbmares'.

It goes away - I mean, I still have them once in a while but it is primarily because I am influenced by someone else saying they had a dream.
  • DananaNanas
    DananaNanas Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I definitely have had carb dreams! It was actually a relief to wake up because Dream-Dana was feeling super guilty about indulging. I woke up and realized I DIDN'T actually eat all of the carbs and felt better lol
  • Kimo159
    Kimo159 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Hahaha this totally happens to me! It's funny because I really don't want carbs, at all. But I'll wake up feeling like omg, I messed it up! It takes me a few seconds to realize it was just a dream. Then I laugh and get on with my day.

Haha carbmares, perfect term!