40's Group introduction....

Options
nickylee76
nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
Hi I am Nicky and I turned 40 in January. I am married and I have 2 kids. I used to be pretty good at this being healthy thing but past couple years I keep falling off the wagon. The good news is I keep picking myself back up again so I haven't really packed on too many pounds that I had already lost. Right now I am doing a fairly decent job eating good so now I need to be more consistent with my exercise again. Life is pretty stressful right now. I currently live in Illinois but am looking to relocate to Texas (my home state) this summer..... big changes. I am excited for it all but it is just not helpful cause the thoughts in my head wear me out before I can even thing of working out. I will get through it though... :)

So how about everyone else?

Replies

• swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Hi Nicky....and all...I'm Bonnie...age 43....I'm in the same boat with you......Lost 70+ pounds on Weight Watchers about 12 years ago....Really used to be great at getting my workout in every day and then life happened.....Don't completely give up on trying to keep my weight in check, but it keeps creeping up on me and I'm in that weight range that sends warning bells off in my head saying NO!.....

Started a new job in December (desk job) and it's killing me.....Last two or 3 months I've been working 50 to 60 hours a week and when I get home I don't feel like working out at all....Just want to go to bed so I can get up and start all over again....

Need to figure out some way to motivate myself for the workout....Any ideas anyone?
  • nickylee76
    nickylee76 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi Bonnie. Personally for me I know that with work, family, kids and everything in between if I don't do it first thing in the morning there's a 75% chance it won't get done at all. That being said... There are a few evenings a week I do go to the gym with a friend. But then I know it's a bonus. Maybe wake up earlier and use that time for yourself to workout? Even if it's just 30 minutes. Better than nothing. :)
  • swezeytba
    swezeytba Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I agree. ...I'd prefer to work out in the morning for sure. But I'm already getting up at 5:00 am to go to work. It's too easy to tell myself not to get up at 4:30. :smile:

Looking like my schedule might ease up soon. Then maybe I can sneak one in by getting up at 5:00 which I'm already used right?
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 654 Member
    Options
    I have been working out at lunch hour at work. The gym is not too far away so I have the time, usually. I can't work out in the morning as I have two kids to get to school so don't have the time. After work I get to look after the kids and by the time they go to bed, I am too tired so for me it is still lunchtime workouts.
  • YaJanko
    YaJanko Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm 46 years old and mom of 4 kids ages 21, 18, 15, 13. Life is crazy-busy, but after 113 days on MFP I've developed the habit of healthy eating and exercise. Feeling better than ever! My goal weight is what I weighed when I got married, and I have only 11 lbs to go (lost 23). Woohoo!
  • xabachay
    xabachay Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Greetings! I turn 49 on July 15th, and I realized I only have a year left to make that goal of "hot 50 yo" ... lol. Seriously, I realized I am in pretty decent health, I just carry more weight than I need to. So I've made big changes in diet, lifestyle and have been having great success already. Not bad for an old fat smoker. I'm not so much concerned for weight, as I'm building mass too - so the weight thing will secondary to just getting healthier in general.
  • revolutiontruth
    revolutiontruth Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I turned 40 in December and had set a goal earlier last year to lose 40 lbs by the time I was 40. I was doing great and when I didn't get the support I had hoped for at home I let that become an excuse to fall off the wagon. My half brother who is only 6 years older than me just had to have bypass surgery and that has really motivated me to take my health serious.

I'm hoping to find friends on here so we can help motivate each other to reach our fitness goals.
    I love to hike and one my goals is to be healthy enough to take a two or three week backpacking trip with the next year or two.
  • ihsanrie
    ihsanrie Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greetings, I turn 47 in October and am just so tired of trying and failing. I want to lose these pounds. I want to get off some if not all of my medications and I just want to feel better.
  • xabachay
    xabachay Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey revo... dont sweat it. Ive made every excuse there is, too....lol.

Then, in a gaming chatroom, I realized what knuckleheads these millenials are.... I aint trustin them to look after me.... new goal: make it to the "Singularity"!

"Yes, I'm here to pick up my new Cylon body for memory transfer...."

Anyway... welcome to the group.
  • tessiscruisen
    tessiscruisen Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined... I'm 46 and trying to lose 26 pounds and reduce BMI by about 10%. I have lost weight before, seems like every other year I try again. My ultimate goal is to not "diet" but to adopt a new lifestyle that works to lose then maintain while I struggle with my low metabolism that is common for women my age.
  • Rogsman
    Rogsman Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just joined... I'm 46 and trying to lose 26 pounds and reduce BMI by about 10%. I have lost weight before, seems like every other year I try again. My ultimate goal is to not "diet" but to adopt a new lifestyle that works to lose then maintain while I struggle with my low metabolism that is common for women my age.

You're doing it right! Figure out what you like to do, what your willing to do and stick with it.
  • traceyroy54
    traceyroy54 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Tracey 43, from Melbourne, no kid's, always struggled with weight.
    Currently doing ww and mfp.
  • PumpkinAndPecans
    PumpkinAndPecans Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm Tracey 43, from Melbourne, no kid's, always struggled with weight.
    Currently doing ww and mfp.

Hi Tracey! Looks like there might be the 3 of us active on here since the other post are from 2016, I'll be 46 in April. I dropped about 50 pounds in 2015. Sadly, I got lazy and gained 20 of it back. Looking to stay consistent and shed this off again. Let's do this!!