How did you get hooked on SYSK? When? (If you can remember)

Options
2»

Replies

• haleyholland12
    haleyholland12 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started listening maybe a year and a half ago after the guy on the British History Podcast recommended it and instantly fell in love. I typically listen while doing housework, occasionally on long car rides. Btw I don't listen to the British History Podcast anymore (change of loyalties? That sounds bad...) so that didn't work out too well for him...oops!
  • ZooGalErica
    ZooGalErica Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I used to tease my boyfriend about being a nerd for listening to podcasts. When we broke up, I don't want to hear any sappy, sad love songs, and I didn't want to only listen to audio books, so, I figured, "Why not?" I love irony. ;) I Googled lists of "best podcasts" and SYSK was on there. I listened to the cats episode and that was that. I guess I found true love after all! <3
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome Erica! Thank you for sharing!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    My gateway podcast of choice was "Stuff You Missed in History Class"--which I began cueing up to binge listen on the ~5 hour drive back and forth to my Mom's house, and the ~3 hour drive to my research study sites--to one or the other of which I am travelling at least once a month.

Then, when I wasn't able to go to the pool for several months and had to walk or hike for exercise, I started looking for other podcasts to listen to while on my walks. Podkicker suggested "Stuff You Should Know" because of my history with . . . well. . . "History" back in January, and the rest is . . . well . . . history!
  • Lovethesnow35
    Lovethesnow35 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Options
    :) Thank you for sharing! Rose and Sun :) I have been so busy with work and exercise that I haven't checked in for a little while. It was good to catch up! I hope everyone is still hooked on the podcast and getting fit! Thanks Chuck!
  • thelovelyLIZ
    thelovelyLIZ Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I am a sales rep so I drive around for work all day and burn through podcasts. SYSK gets me through my work days!
  • JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    When they did a podcast on female maturation and periods. Pretty funny hearing two dudes talk about it.