Just the Basics June: Week 3 (6/16-6/22)

Options
baconslave
baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
The official challenge blurb for you! :wink:
baconslave wrote: »
Welcome to LC Basics Bootcamp!
I haven't done this in a bit. It's time again.

One key thing that I have learned in my journey is this:
Consistency + Persistence + Time = Success

Consistently nailing the basics is so important. And consistency creates good habits, routines, and gives you momentum that will carry you through hard times or disruptions to your normal schedule. Forget motivation. Motivation is a fickle thing. Discipline carries you through when motivation fails you.

So what are the basics?
Well, hitting your carb goal, obviously, right? There are other very important other basics. Staying hydrated, keeping electrolytes up, logging consistently (if you're a logger), exercise (if that's one of your goals), hitting your macros, staying away from trigger foods and other things you know set you back...

You can report your progress to your goal, whether it be ultra-obsessive daily hitting your low-carb plan basics, or working on a fitness goal, or even nailing down other good habits in your life. And if you have problems or need advice, you'll find that here.

Each week there will be a thread to collect your progress that week and to interact with other challengers.
I'll keep links to the weekly threads at the bottom of the challenge stickie at the top of the Group page, for when the thread gets buried. 2 clicks, to the stickie and the Weekly link, will get you back here asap.

So go ahead and post your goals below.

My daily post would look something like this.
SW: 159.6
CW: 159.6

Wed 6/1:
Logged: :+1:
Water: :+1:
Electrolytes: :+1:
Calorie Goal: :+1:
Carb Goal: :+1:
Exercise: HIIT :+1:
Prelogged next day: :+1:
No booze!: :+1:
8/8

But this is your show. So focus on your plan's basics.

Replies

• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    @baconslave love that nut muncher!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Nuts are evil and wonderful. I am having to cut back on what I buy since I seem to want to eat too much with them. I'm starting to think I need to premeasure them out for the week and just go with that. Maybe that will slow me down....

I am still walking every day. My arthritis seems to be starting to accept it. It is not always painful. It isn't helping the stress fracture in my foot but it doesn't seem to be hurting it too much.... Those things are annoyingly slow to heal.

I have lost about 4 lbs this month but it is mostly inflammation. Around 158-159. My carbs are still a bit too high, and I tend to grab bad snacks that are carb heavy. Still working on rebuilding those good habits. My meals are fine. Snacks just need work.
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I had a high calorie day, but i was working like crazy, I figured a very hungry day was overdue anyway. I ate all the raspberry fat bombs. All. The. Bombs. Of. Fat. Totally don't give one Doo Doo. :D:dizzy:

So...this week I've lost another three or so pounds. Just averaging, since the first I've now lost 5.9. Can I just say six? Yeah, six pounds, two weeks.

I also took another round of pics. I'll probably take them once a week. I like visuals.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    Handling It all pretty well this week. Feeling fulfilled and right on track with food! Nothing social to distract me til tomorrow, so a full week on track. By tomorrow, I hope to have another plan to not allow myself to go off track. Maybe a limited retail therapy item if I resist temptation. Not above a self bribe occasionally if it helps.
  • barfarkle
    barfarkle Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I've got some work to do to figure this all out. I can't seem to go over calories everyday. Hmmmm....

SW: 194.2 (6/12)
    CW: 193.2
    GW: 189.0 (6/30)

12,500 steps today
    WAY over in carbs
    Still logging in
  • PamamaJane
    PamamaJane Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Boy am I glad that last week is OVER and GONE.

SW: 249
    CW: 234
    GW: 150
    HEIGHT: 5'10"
    GW for this week is 232.

Off to a shaky start. My lunch today was strawberry pie from Perkins. No sorrows, no regrets, and if I had it to do all over again I would still have the strawberry pie from Perkins.
  • Riche120
    Riche120 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I’ve done really well this week and kept on target with everything. I haven’t really exercised in a year or so and thought I would try a Pilates class. “Piece of cake,” I thought, “it’s just mat work, no cardio. I can do that.” Ugggg – I think I was the youngest (at 49) and most pitiful one there. Those silver haired ladies owned me! On the plus side, they were so inspiring and encouraging that I signed up for a full month. With any luck I’ll be able to inhale soon without my abs screaming.
    SW: 147
    CW: 137
    GW: 120ish
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    This is my 16th day of trying hard to hit my keto macros and I lost 7 lbs since June 3.

NUTS are amazing. So are fat bombs! (although I've only made two kinds so far)

SW: 248
    CW: 241
    GW: 150 (short term)
  • elize7
    Options
    This evening I felt bashed around by my food cravings. I've resisted. But it's been an all night struggle to avoid going out for the binge food. And it's actually tired me out. What a waste of my time and energy and yet no hope of relief in sight. I just always seem to want to binge out. Probably going to just go to bed so I don't break down. Man, I'm sick of this battle sometimes. Over and out.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Great day in terms of sleep, cals, carbs, exercise. Yay.
    I have a summer cold though and it huuuurts to talk. Trying to avoid comfort food.
    I might need to take it easier tomorrow b/c I've had the cold for about a week and it just got worse in the past 2 days.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    CW 122.8
    GW 115 lb (target this month is 120)
    9/10 with a day spent in bed. Fixed salts n feel better.

@Riche120 great class- if your abs hurt then you were doing it right! Well done.
  • slimzandra
    slimzandra Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Closing out the week on a high note! or should I say low note, down 2.5 for the week after a rough beginning. Just weight I'm re-doing, but heading in the right direction again.

Oh someone brought in donuts today, but I'm able to resist, got my avocado, broccoli treats and my lunch ready today. Have a great weekend - Happy Father's day to you Dads!

Logged - yes
    Water - yes
    Sodium - yes.
    No booze - yea!
    Calories - yes
    Sleep - Up early - feeling good
    Carbs - 36 -
    Exercise - Arg - missed it yesterday due to a work issue.
    Today's Menu
    Lunch - Hamburg with a bit of onion.
    Dinner - Not sure yet.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    SW: 159.6
    CW: 160.0

Thurs 6/16:
    Logged: :+1:
    Water: :+1:
    Electrolytes: :+1:
    Calorie Goal: :+1:
    Carb Goal: :+1:
    Exercise: HIIT (Legs) :+1:
    Prelogged next day: :+1:

I'm getting tired of my weight not going anywhere. It's nice that I can maintain. But I'm up from where I want to be maintaining. Monday will begin a hardcore calorie crackdown. Gonna have to make some sugar-free jello, methinks. And tell DH thanks, but no thanks on the bedtime snacks, period.

I've had a really hard time with mood and the stupid ADD since stopping keto, so I'm adding back CO. I hate to waste the cals, but it helps.

Have a fab day! :heart:
  • tishsmith101
    tishsmith101 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    For 6/15-16
    Logged - mostly
    Water - could be better
    Sodium - must have been off a few days, had joint aches this week
    Calories - under
    Carbs - under
    Vitamins - yes
    Activity - none but remedying that tonight

Strawberry picking tomorrow and a hike on Sunday are planned.
  • elize7
    Options
    I'm definately feeling some serious keto flu this time as I go back into keto after two months of being mostly out of it. Feel exhausted and mood swingy. I take all the supplements/electrolytes like a trooper, but bam. Never had it like this.
    It's okay though, I'm happy to know I'm going back to fat burning.it will pass and I'll be flying along with that amazing keto buzz! Can't wait for that.
    Have a great day, pals!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    I'm getting tired of my weight not going anywhere. It's nice that I can maintain. But I'm up from where I want to be maintaining. Monday will begin a hardcore calorie crackdown. Gonna have to make some sugar-free jello, methinks. And tell DH thanks, but no thanks on the bedtime snacks, period.

I've had a really hard time with mood and the stupid ADD since stopping keto, so I'm adding back CO. I hate to waste the cals, but it helps.

Have a fab day! :heart:

This me too. My weight crept back up and now I need to lose again. Darn it.

I tend to save my calories for around dinner. I have a small BPC (maybe 100kcal) in the morning and another at lunch and then I eat around 1-3pm, and again at dinner. My problem is the evening. I tend to eat too much then. My eating window is only around 6-10 hours but I eat too much still. Last night it was swiss cheese.

I might try making some small CO fat bombs and see if that will satiate me. I have cut back on CO to save calories but I thinkI should go back to a bit more CO. I felt better with it too.