Podcasts

Options

Replies

• JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Subscribing to all of these.
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    @RalfLott I actually made to decision to back track and start listening to them from the first episode yesterday.

Hero! Taking good notes for all of us? (Well, at least post some highlights now and then?)
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Bulletproof Radio and Fat Burning Man are the ones I listen to that are very keto based.

Ben Greenfield is a great one to listen to as well. Not straight keto but a lot of the people he interviews support it and I've learned a lot from him.
  • BlakelyFaye
    BlakelyFaye Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've been listening to a lot of the suggestions made. Thanks to everyone! My two favorites are 2 Keto Dudes and Ketovangelist. Listening to podcasts in the car each morning is like my church - keeps me on the right track.
  • RalfLott
    Options
    Bumping ... Anybody got any new podcasts to add?
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Just a post to say farewell to Low Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore -- at least, goodbye to Jimmy as he is giving it up. From January 2017, cohosts will be Leah Williamson from Brisbane, Australia and Kara Halderman from Austin, TX. Check out the backlist of podcasts here: http://www.lowcarbconversations.com/
  • RalfLott
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    The ATP Project's Podcast is my new favorite, these guys are unbelievably smart about using food as medicine and optimizing health at the cellular level. (Jeff is a doc/scientist who has done years worth of human and mice lab experiments, he is not just quoting from random studies) It's a bit geeky but I think they do a great job keeping it fun and layman-friendly. I have now modified my intermittent fasting routine based on these guys. They are not 'Keto' or any one diet per se, but do support all of the principals of LCHF.

Real Meal Radio is Prof Tim Noakes new podcast, it has short discussions on Banting, which is LCHF-Keto

FoundMyFitness by Rhonda Patrick, a PhD cool nerd scientist who focuses on bio hacking and using food as medicine, and has some really cool guests. She's amazing, I highly recommend her YouTube videos.

Bulletproof by Dave Asprey. He can drive me nuts at times with his extreme bio hacking ideas and pushing his coffee, but when he has a good guest on I am glued.

@KarlynKeto - Any new favorites?
  • RalfLott
    Options
    camtosh wrote: »
    Just a post to say farewell to Low Carb Conversations with Jimmy Moore -- at least, goodbye to Jimmy as he is giving it up. From January 2017, cohosts will be Leah Williamson from Brisbane, Australia and Kara Halderman from Austin, TX. Check out the backlist of podcasts here: http://www.lowcarbconversations.com/

Nice, thanks! There are even notes and links to resources on the episodes' web pages.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that Jimmy Moore said the reason he is leaving low carb conversations is because he and Jason Fung will be launching a podcast all about fasting in January 2017. :smile:
    He didn't disclose the name of it yet. I'm sure he will give more info on livin la vida low carb podcast soon.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,967 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Nice, thanks! There are even notes and links to resources on the episodes' web pages.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    That's my go-to walking podcast. Oh well...
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's still going to exist though it might take on a new name. The new hosts said they plan to keep the same overall format of discussing headlines and one of them said she's super geeky and kind of a bio-hacker and would like to have a little more science talk. The other said she takes on a more practical approach and has 2 small kids and her whole family eats low carb and wants to help take that science info and apply it in simple ways.
    Sounds promising to me.
  • baconslave
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

It's still going to exist though it might take on a new name. The new hosts said they plan to keep the same overall format of discussing headlines and one of them said she's super geeky and kind of a bio-hacker and would like to have a little more science talk. The other said she takes on a more practical approach and has 2 small kids and her whole family eats low carb and wants to help take that science info and apply it in simple ways.
    Sounds promising to me.

Hmm....that does sound promising. Thanks for talking me down. :lol:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    :wink:
  • RalfLott
    Options
    KarlynKeto wrote: »
    The ATP Project's Podcast is my new favorite, these guys are unbelievably smart about using food as medicine and optimizing health at the cellular level. (Jeff is a doc/scientist who has done years worth of human and mice lab experiments, he is not just quoting from random studies) It's a bit geeky but I think they do a great job keeping it fun and layman-friendly. I have now modified my intermittent fasting routine based on these guys. They are not 'Keto' or any one diet per se, but do support all of the principals of LCHF.

Real Meal Radio is Prof Tim Noakes new podcast, it has short discussions on Banting, which is LCHF-Keto

FoundMyFitness by Rhonda Patrick, a PhD cool nerd scientist who focuses on bio hacking and using food as medicine, and has some really cool guests. She's amazing, I highly recommend her YouTube videos.

Bulletproof by Dave Asprey. He can drive me nuts at times with his extreme bio hacking ideas and pushing his coffee, but when he has a good guest on I am glued.

@KarlynKeto - Anything new on the 2017 list?

• baconslave
    Options

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Sounds promising to me.

Hmm....that does sound promising. Thanks for talking me down. :lol:

They still haven't made a podcast as far as I can tell. I'm having to scrounge. :disappointed:
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to add that Jimmy Moore said the reason he is leaving low carb conversations is because he and Jason Fung will be launching a podcast all about fasting in January 2017. :smile:
    He didn't disclose the name of it yet. I'm sure he will give more info on livin la vida low carb podcast soon.

Has this started yet?
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Has this started yet?

As of right now there are two episodes out
    Episode 000 and 001.... liking it so far!
  • ProCoffeenator
    ProCoffeenator Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    It's called Fasting Talk btw
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    It's called Fasting Talk btw

Thank you!!
  • retirehappy
    retirehappy Posts: 4,757 Member
    Options