• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Park Seed has stevia seeds on sale for 3.95
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Have been ordering liquid Stevia from Amazon, very convenient to bring along. Sometimes also will have tea or coffee with Kerry Gold & heavy whipping cream.....no sweeteners.

@Mongo5918
    Haven't tried to make any desserts but if trying the " lemon ice" above, what could substitute for the Coconut Milk?
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Mashed avaocado with cocoa.

Whoa!

Seriously? Sounds eerily decadent, for a combination of 2 benign beings.

Tell?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Whoa!

Tell?

It's my go to dessert. It makes a pretty good chocolate frosting too if you add more whipped cream or coconut cream.

I don't really have a recipe. It's something like 1 avocado, 1 Tbs cocoa, a 1/4-1/3 cup of whipping cream or coconut cream, most of a dropper of stevia (8-20 drops?) and some salt and maybe a bit of vanilla extract. I've made it with cream cheese too.

Just mash it really well. It is weird to have green lumps in something that looks like chocolate pudding. ;)

It isn't the most decadent treat. People used to more sugar will not be impressed, but it suits me fine... I like having a dessert for lunch. ;)
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »

Whoa!

Tell?

It's my go to dessert. It makes a pretty good chocolate frosting too if you add more whipped cream or coconut cream.

I don't really have a recipe. It's something like 1 avocado, 1 Tbs cocoa, a 1/4-1/3 cup of whipping cream or coconut cream, most of a dropper of stevia (8-20 drops?) and some salt and maybe a bit of vanilla extract. I've made it with cream cheese too.

Just mash it really well. It is weird to have green lumps in something that looks like chocolate pudding. ;)

It isn't the most decadent treat. People used to more sugar will not be impressed, but it suits me fine... I like having a dessert for lunch. ;)

Avocados for dessert or lunch.. ..wow. No reason why not, but I'd never have thunk it up myself.

Either you should write a cookbook, or you should confess where you found this Harry Potter recipe!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL :D
  • Mongo5918
    Mongo5918 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    LINIA wrote: »
    Have been ordering liquid Stevia from Amazon, very convenient to bring along. Sometimes also will have tea or coffee with Kerry Gold & heavy whipping cream.....no sweeteners.

@Mongo5918
    Haven't tried to make any desserts but if trying the " lemon ice" above, what could substitute for the Coconut Milk?

You could use HWC, whole milk, almond milk or water. They all work and will still be healthy, but they will change the macros to some extent.
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    @RowdysLady Where do you live? I know stevia is supposed to grow very well here in Virginia, as verified by @tcunbeliever. I am going to see if they have seeds at Southern States.

I'm in East Texas. Warm more often than not.