Training schedule

Options
cecsav1
cecsav1 Posts: 714 Member
Couch to 5k is supposed to be three days a week... to be specific, if I can keep up the pace of every other day, would it be okay to run three days one week and four days the next week, alternating that way until I've completed the entire nine weeks, but actually finishing in seven and a half weeks?

For example:
Week 1: Day 1: Monday 06/13
Week 1: Day 2: Wednesday 06/15
Week 1: Day 3: Friday 06/17
Week 2: Day 1: Sunday 06/19
Week 2: Day 2: Tuesday 06/21
Week 2: Day 3: Thursday 06/23
Week 3: Day 1: Saturday 06/25
Week 3: Day 2: Monday 06/27
Week 3: Day 3: Wednesday 06/29
Week 4: Day 1: Friday 07/01
Week 4: Day 2: Sunday 07/03
Week 4: Day 3: Tuesday 07/05
Week 5: Day 1: Thursday 07/07

Etc etc

Week 9: Day 1: 07/31
Week 9: Day 2: 08/02
Week 9: Day 3: 08/04

Does that make any sense at all? Lol

Replies

• NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Depending on how much recovery time your body really needs, I don't see why not. What I've done is try to stick to an every other day schedule with the knowledge that sometimes things will interfere with my schedule and I'll have to have two or more days between runs. I'm very concerned about injuries (especially my knees, which aren't the best), so I do stick to at least one day off between runs.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Yes that's fine as long as you listen to your body and don't feel overly tired. Other wise take an extra day every now and then
  • cecsav1
    Options
    Awesome! :) Thanks @NancyN795 and @TavistockToad!
  • jennypapage
    jennypapage Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm now on week 2. I had planned on doing the program on mon-wed-fri, and i started w2d1 on monday,but i had to work today so i couldn't go in the morning. Is it ok, if i continue on friday as planned and then do my 3rd run on sunday, or i shouldn't let so many days pass between my runs?
  • cecsav1
    Options
    Try it and see how you feel. :) I say go for it
  • jennypapage
    Options
    thanks.hopefully i will be fine and my body won't betray me :smile:
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, so I'm now on week 2. I had planned on doing the program on mon-wed-fri, and i started w2d1 on monday,but i had to work today so i couldn't go in the morning. Is it ok, if i continue on friday as planned and then do my 3rd run on sunday, or i shouldn't let so many days pass between my runs?

You'll probably do fine. While I was working my way through C25K I sometimes had to let a few extra days elapse between runs. Sometimes, I went ahead and did the next run and sometimes I backed up to the previous week - it depended on how I was feeling about it at the time, how many days I'd had to skip, what else I'd done on those days, and how hard the next run looked. ;)
  • jennypapage
    Options
    actually it went pretty good today.i didn't feel particularly exhausted or anything like that.