Crunchy Detox Salad

Options
This Crunchy Detox Salad is an ultra simple recipe both for the salad and its dressing. It’s made with fresh, local and organic ingredients and tossed in a delicious, slightly sweetened with honey, vinaigrette. Recipe Link: http://www.theharvestkitchen.com/crunchy-detox-salad/

Replies

• prettypenny15
    prettypenny15 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I'm always looking for new salad recipes for those days when I'm not feeling up to a heavy meal or want something quick.
  • auntjudith254
    auntjudith254 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but why is this called detox salad? Is it supposed to be helpful after eating unhealthy foods?
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    That's a good question. I just thought it sounded delish. Maybe the OP knows.
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    yield: 6 servings total time: 30 minutes
    I'd cut down the time by purchasing pre-shredded veggies. are pre-shredded veggies less nutritious? (i.e., does pre-shredding reduce the nutritional value?)
  • fraserkr
    fraserkr Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Sounds good, but why is this called detox salad? Is it supposed to be helpful after eating unhealthy foods?

according to the blogger of the OP: "... the vegetables in this salad contain nutrients and phytochemicals which stimulate the enzymes in your liver to turn toxins into something our bodies can eliminate easily. Besides eliminating the bad, regular detoxing helps to strengthen our immune system functioning and to fight off infection."