What is the hardest thing about the EM2WL lifestyle?

Options
TerezaToledo
TerezaToledo Posts: 613 Member
What is the hardest part of starting and following the EM2WL lifestyle for you? What has been the most complicated and or confusing concept to understand? Is it the mind shift? The TDEE and BMR calculations? The reset idea? Implementing calories? Lifting? Letting go of yo-yo dieting? Patience? Consistency?
There is no right or wrong here, we want to hear from you!

Tereza
Team EM2WL

Replies

• SlimSage
    SlimSage Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Reset. Getting used to eating more when you're accustomed to eating so little...
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Reset can be challenging, it's hard to change our diet mindset, but it's a step definitely worth taking.

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think the hardest part is whatever part you are currently working on!

For me at this point in time, I'm still working on getting to my TDEE. After sitting at 1900-2000 calories, I finally broke the barrier! This week was an average of 2109 calories a day! I am loving the energy, and watching the inches slip away! You don't read about people losing when working their way up to TDEE very often, but that's exactly what I am doing. It seems like every time I get a jump up in calorie intake, I get a scale drop.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    Wow, Mary Ann, you are on a roll! Wtg on upping those calories and woohoo on dropping weight and inches! I'm loving resding your updates!

Tereza
    Team EM2WL
  • Raynn1
    Raynn1 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    scaryann1 wrote: »
    Personally, I think the hardest part is whatever part you are currently working on!

For me at this point in time, I'm still working on getting to my TDEE. After sitting at 1900-2000 calories, I finally broke the barrier! This week was an average of 2109 calories a day! I am loving the energy, and watching the inches slip away! You don't read about people losing when working their way up to TDEE very often, but that's exactly what I am doing. It seems like every time I get a jump up in calorie intake, I get a scale drop.

May I quote this for an NSV with the team?:)
  • jerilynconn
    jerilynconn Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    The mental game- feeling fat and gross when eating and/or not seeing results. So also, patience and consistency all rolled into one.
  • TerezaToledo
    Options
    @saranharm I must agree with you on this one, the mind games can be a though one! It's hard to wait for results when we don't see them happening right away. One of the keys is to focus on small successes (as hitting your macros daily) and NSV's.
  • scaryann1
    scaryann1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    @Raynn1 yes you may.