I'm struggling :/

Options
Adelia979
Adelia979 Posts: 31 Member
Keto or LCHF really works the best for me, especially with pcos, but I lose weight and then gain it back. I'm tired of it.
Tell me all of your success secrets!

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Calories are still a factor; what kind of deficit are you running? Do you binge on keto food or hit the high carb stuff when you backslide?
  • tmorgan66030
    tmorgan66030 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Do you log everything you eat? What are your macros? I've lost 96 pounds in about 14 months. I eat 20 total carbs a day, I might go over a bit here & there but 99% of time I'm at 20 or less! My macros are 5%carbs, 15%protein & 80%fat. I try to stay at or below 1500 calories. Also I have to watch protein & not go over cuz it stalls my weight & I try to get as close as I can on fat cuz I found if I don't get close to my fat macro, I don't loss! Hope this helps! Just keep trying & eventually you will find what works for you!
  • Adelia979
    Options
    I do log everything I eat now (started religiously June 1st to get me on track) . Right now my macros are set at 10% carbs, 20% protein, 70% fat. Most days, I end up meeting my carbs and protein for the day, but not the fat. And my goal is about 1700 calories for the day because of my job bring so active, but I usually end up around 1400-1600.
  • tmorgan66030
    Options
    You might try decreasing protein a bit & increase the fat, maybe that will help. Also do drink alot of water? If not make sure you're drinking enough water.
  • Adelia979
    Options
    I drink almost two gallons of water every day. I'm going to try decreasing the protein and increasing fat though. Although, I have such a hard time meeting my fat goal that I'm not sure how effective it'll be. I had posted before about finding ways to increase my fat intake; the best answers were add butter/oil to everything and eat fattier meats. I still need more though lol.
  • tmorgan66030
    Options
    I do bulletproof tea with 2 tablespoons of MCT oil & 2 tablespoons of hwc & 1 tablespoon of butter. I've also done that with hot cocoa. Hwc is my go to for adding fat or I also keep some fat bombs in the freezer. Macadamia nuts ate another way they have more fat than protein but I have to watch on eating too many nuts...it stalls my weight! I hope you find what works for you!
  • Adelia979
    Options
    I do bulletproof tea with 2 tablespoons of MCT oil & 2 tablespoons of hwc & 1 tablespoon of butter.

Do you use a mixer to make that or do you just stir it in?
    And what kind of fat bombs do you usually keep. I tried making some simple peanut butter ones, but I still feel like I'm eating a stick of butter lol. I'm definitely a texture eater.
  • tmorgan66030
    Options
    I use an immersion blender I got from walmart for my tea. I've got a orange Carmel fat bomb that tastes like a creamsicle! If you want the recipe I'll type it in later if you want. I made a chocolate peanut butter & DID NOT like it at all!
  • shilahjean
    shilahjean Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When starting out on keto you must stay vigilant on the macros to become fat adapted.
    That's:
    5% Carb
    15% Protien (stay below 50gram)
    80% FAT
    You really have to stay within these limits for at least a month without fail to really get fat adapted. After a couple months you can start playing with your macros a bit if you hit a stall or what not. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND drinking the bulletproof coffee esp if you are a beginner trying to get enough fat. I do decaf coffee with 1 tbsp MCT and 1 tbsp grass fed unsalted butter (mix with hand mixer). That will def help you get the fat in.
    One last advice is to calculate your calorie needs using a keto calculator! I found I had to go below what was called for even on a deficit. My sweet spot is 1150 cals. I have metabolic damage and hypo thyroid/Hashimotos so my body is not very efficient burning cals.

GOOD LUCK don't quit!!
  • Adelia979
    Options

I've got a orange Carmel fat bomb that tastes like a creamsicle! If you want the recipe I'll type it in later if you want. I made a chocolate peanut butter & DID NOT like it at all!

DID NOT like that chocolate peanut butter one would be an understatement. Please give me your recipe!

• tmorgan66030
    Options
    Adelia979 here's the orange Carmel fat bomb recipe.
    8 oz cream cheese
    10 oz heavy whipping cream
    1/2 teaspoon orange extract
    16 squirts orange flavor drink enhancer(I use the MIO vanilla orange....yum!)
    1/2 cup sugar free Carmel syrup (I use torani's from walmart in the coffee aisle)
    1/2 cup water

Cream the cream cheese, add water,orange extract, orange drink enhancer & carmel syrup blend well. Add Heavy whipping cream blend just long enough to mix together (you don't want it to thicken). Pour in molds or ice trays & freeze.
    After they freeze I pop them out & put them in zip lock bag in freezer.

Depending what you pour yours in depends on how many.
    I got 60 at that serving here's my nutritional numbers for them 30 calories, 0.4 protein, 30g fat & 0.5 carbs!
    I LOVE THESE!!! Hope you enjoy!
  • Adelia979
    Options
    I just saw a similar recipe today using strawberry and vanilla extract instead of orange. I'm getting the stuff to make these when I go shopping tomorrow!