Help-Not loosing

Options
2Bhealthier2
2Bhealthier2 Posts: 128 Member
Hi! I"ve been on Keto for 5 weeks and the first 2 weeks went great, I lost 12 pounds, then I'm not sure what happened, I'm pretty much holding, I don't get it.

I keep my calories at 1550 or less, some days 1200/1300 calories, carbs average around 12 grams give or take, protein moderate and fat around 70/75%. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, I keep researching and redoing my macros and I keep doing what I'm suppose to but no luck. Oh yeah my sugar intake averages around 3 grams :) which I'm happy about.

I have a lot of weight to loose, been over weight my whole life, really wanting this to help.

Please if you have any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

T

Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Let me go find that stall link for you..brb

I can't find it, basically it stated that weight loss is not linear and there are no stalls. To not put faith in scale loss alone, because lots of people lose inches when the scale isn't moving.

Basically, have patience, consistence and persistence.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    Options
    Thanks Super, I can feel and see it right under my breasts, I'm actually seeing curves. Just wish the scale would move.
  • kmn118
    kmn118 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Yes, I did a 3 week yoyo without deviating from macros right after I lost the initial water weight, but my clothes kept getting bigger and bigger. :) Then, 4 lbs a week, whooshes!
  • 2Bhealthier2
    Options
    Thanks kmn, I hope I take after you on that. :)
  • shilahjean
    shilahjean Posts: 13 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    When I started the keto diet beginning of last month I was just like you. Lost initial weight but no budge after the second week at 1200-1500cals and spot on macros. I decided to lower my calories a tad to an average of 1170 and bam! If I eat any more I won't lose. I started losing everyday again. Now I also like to zig zag my calories daily to keep my metabolism thinking but still equal out to an average weekly intake of 1170cals a day. It takes a little time to tweak things until you find your niche. I aslo recommend using the keto app calculator in the link provided to help you navigate your calorie needs. Good luck and keep on keepin on!

http://ketodietapp.com/Blog/page/KetoDiet-Buddy
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    @Sunny_Bunny_ had a couple of great pictures and a thread about her "stall" that wasn't really a stall. She lost no weight but you could see that she had lost fat. No sacle movement but some obvious tape measurement shrinkage. That's probably what is happening to you.

Consider taking some pictures and comparing to older photos and to future photos. Tape measurements may be helpful too. Keep at it! :)
  • kendahlj
    kendahlj Posts: 243 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    It's losing...not loosing. You lose weight...not loose it.

Are you exercising?

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to my ramble I made about "stalling"
    I hope it helps.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10353600/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-stall#latest

Yes! @Sunny_Bunny_ , that's what I was looking for. Thank you.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    I hope it helps.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10353600/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-stall#latest

Yes! @Sunny_Bunny_ , that's what I was looking for. Thank you.

You're welcome! I'm very familiar with the disappointment of not seeing the scale move. I fought that battle for months and I think I've beat it now...
    It's crazy how our bodies can change in size even while the scale would suggest we are the same. Even without gaining muscle as a possibility in my case since I don't exercise at all, I've managed to get smaller without any scale losses.
    Today, I still weigh the same as I did in that photo from February, but I recently had to buy new clothes in a smaller size. The smallest size I've ever worn in my adult life!
    I don't know how it can happen this way. But it just has. To continue getting more lean without really trying at all anymore. I don't count calories and I don't exercise and I only average about 7000 steps a day... I just keep eating the Keto way and stay on plan day after day. It keeps moving me forward even though I've made no lasting scale progress since about December really... I'm almost back up to 137, which is about where I was in December. But my jeans from then are a bit too big and I fit the smaller size now perfectly.
  • 2Bhealthier2
    Options
    My bad with the spelling TWICE, omg, so sorry.

@kendahlj yes, I work out 2/3 times a week. Nothing hard, just cardio and few light weights.

Thank you all for your info, Sunny_Bunny's rant was exactly what I needed. That spoke volumes, thank you for sharing the article.

I'm going to start taking pictures and measurements, sounds like that will be more of an accurate way of seeing the results. I'm definitely not giving up, I don't even want to call this a diet, I'm wanting to make this a lifestyle change.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I hope it helps.

Thanks for linking it. I'm book marking it now so I don't have to go calling for you. :) I feel like one of my kids: "Sunny! Suuuuuunnnny! Where is your post? I can't fiiiiind it! Sunnnny!"

LOL
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    I hope it helps.

Thanks for linking it. I'm book marking it now so I don't have to go calling for you. :) I feel like one of my kids: "Sunny! Suuuuuunnnny! Where is your post? I can't fiiiiind it! Sunnnny!"

LOL

well now it's on the LP.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I hope it helps.

LOL

Lol
    Here I am! :wink:
    baconslave wrote: »
    I hope it helps.

LOL

well now it's on the LP.

Awwwww! I hit the big time!