First week of Keto

Options
jhigareda711
jhigareda711 Posts: 1 Member
Hello everyone my name is Jessica I am on my second day of the ketogenic diet and really looking for support from others. I have been trying to stay on keto for over a month now but have failed. I will be good for over a week and then submit to my cravings or the event going on. I would appreciate any tips or suggestions

Replies

• tinaisstillwell
    tinaisstillwell Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hi Jessica! I'm starting over on my keto adventure. I was keto for 3 months, and lost 25 pounds. Then I had a birthday, and all kinds of stress. I started eating carbs again, and gained 10 pounds back. I am on day 2 of keto again. We can do this together! I'll help you in any way I can.

One thing that helped is to make fat bombs-almond butter fat bombs-look up the recipe. They're easy and taste fantastic! They help with the cravings for sugary anythings.

During the day, if I get a feeling like I need to eat something, I'll drink a glass of water with lime and mint leaves, or a slice of lemon. If that doesn't work, I'll drink a cup of chicken bouillon. That does the trick every time! I actually use "Better than bullion."

Good luck!
  • AnitaBthin
    AnitaBthin Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello Jessica and Tina!

I'm on Week 3 of my Keto Journey and decided to join this group. :) You all posted this in June and July....Here we are in September and I would love to hear your progress.

I started at 275 on 8/27. I'm down 11 lbs so far. I haven't see the numbers on the scale move as much as I was hoping but I am noticing a difference in the way my clothes (and even my SHOES!) are fitting. My rings are also loose and all over the place.

I found a lot of Keto groups but don't see much activity on them. :(. So I'm hoping this is the one.

Hope to hear from y'all soon!.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I switched from Keto to low carb but plenty of my meals could fit into a keto diet. What do you have trouble with? Staying on track? Meal ideas? I find if I cook a lot ahead of time it makes things easier for a few days so I don't have to constantly prep something every night. I have a huge bucket of pre-washed lettuce wrapped in paper towel that is my go-to for days when I don't feel like cooking anything big. That way all I have to do is add cheese, dressing, cook a chicken patty or a chicken breast for my protein and dinner is ready to go. Last night was an example of that, I cooked 3 grilled chicken patties, saved one for my lunch today and ate two for dinner, plain with a side of leftover veggie stir fry. I found my fats were not high enough for the day so I added butter to my veggies and had dark chocolate and almonds for snacks.
  • astronovae
    astronovae Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still new to the whole keto diet. I've managed to get into ketosis twice in the last month but find I screw it up on the weekend. It takes me about 4 days to get back into ketosis again. There is heaps on material online but I thought joining a MFP community would be good for sharing ideas etc.
  • theashsplash
    theashsplash Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! I am in my first week of Keto and would love some support as well! Feel free to add me!