Fat bombs without sweeteners?

Options
redimock
redimock Posts: 258 Member
Does anyone have any good recipes for fat bombs without sweeteners? I have been avoiding all sweeteners since the beginning of April and feel awesome without them. I just want to make some fat bombs for emergency food on an upcoming road trip. All of the recipes I find call for some sort of sweetener. I was thinking of just trying to make one without the sweetener, but wasn't sure if it would taste ok. I might just go with stopping for a coffee and brining along my HWC instead :smile: .

Replies

• kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Cans of sardines ... olives ... road trip = room for a cooler usually, so bring hard boiled eggs, or heck, full on containers of leftover meals.
  • Foamroller
    Foamroller Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Pure olive or coconut oil ;)
    Just kidding ;)not. I actually have a small, 25 ml, makeup jar with CO in my purse or a bag of pork rinds for emergencies. I seldom have to use it since I do IF. Low maintenance and no fuzz. Sorry it wasn't the recipe you asked for.
  • redimock
    Options
    Ha, well, if such a thing does not exist, that's okay. I do IF too, but for the past few days, I've been crazy hungry. I don't know why. I'm just worried that might happen in the car (11-12 hr trip). Eggs & olives are already on the list - although I was worried that eggs without the extra fat of butter would make me hungry too. I have never tried a sardine, hmmmmm.....

And as for leftover meals - I have been seriously pondering buying a 3 lb pork roast and making it with my favorite recipe. I love eating it cold. It just seems excessive to make one giant pork roast for that length of time.... Probably better than lunch meat though, which also leaves me hungry....

• Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I like cream cheese rolled up in salami.
    But, for a road trip I would just go with simple stuff like nuts, beef jerky and pork rinds.
    The great thing about this woe for me is that I don't expect that I will need to eat on long trips anyway, so I don't really need to pack much at all. Seriously, I expect 1 bag of jerky and a small can of almonds to be plenty for the 15 hour trip I'm making next month.
    In the past I would be snacking on something just about every hour. Now, I could just as easily go without anything and just make the usual stop for lunch then wait again til dinner.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    I just made these last night: ruled.me/savory-pizza-fat-bombs/
    They are amazing. I tend to not be a fan of sweet things anyway, so those are fantastic for me.
  • redimock
    Options
    I like cream cheese rolled up in salami.
    But, for a road trip I would just go with simple stuff like nuts, beef jerky and pork rinds.
    The great thing about this woe for me is that I don't expect that I will need to eat on long trips anyway, so I don't really need to pack much at all. Seriously, I expect 1 bag of jerky and a small can of almonds to be plenty for the 15 hour trip I'm making next month.
    In the past I would be snacking on something just about every hour. Now, I could just as easily go without anything and just make the usual stop for lunch then wait again til dinner.

Ahhh, we are not stopping for lunch & dinner, so those are going into the cooler too (eggs, olives, etc.). Cream cheese rolled up in salami sounds like an excellent addition!
    They are amazing. I tend to not be a fan of sweet things anyway, so those are fantastic for me.

Those do look amazing. I think I'll add them to the list! Thanks so much!

I think I need to tighten up on my carbs in the next few days to squash some of this hunger before the trip on Monday.

Thanks all!

• kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options

Oh My! Those look amazing!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    I make a cream cheese dip: Philly cream cheese, full fat, scallions or finely diced onions, diced ham or bacon, fried first, salt, pepper, Worcestershire's. I have no idea how much of any of it...this is a recipe from my old life and I've not made it since going Keto and weighed everything. I've always just added ingredients to two packages of Philly it til I liked the taste. Sometimes I'd add some shredded cheddar too. Mix in mixer and eat on - pork rinds now; used to be crackers.
  • erinseattle
    erinseattle Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Coconut manna! I take the jar and place it in hot water until I can stir it completely. I place one TB in each space of a silicone mini muffin pan and place in the freezer for a few hours. Once frozen, pop them out and store them in a Baggie in the freezer. You can eat them frozen or let them sit out for a bit. One tablespoon has 100 calories, 9g fat, 3g carbs, 2g fiber. It's also called coconut butter. I love it!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Coconut manna! I take the jar and place it in hot water until I can stir it completely. I place one TB in each space of a silicone mini muffin pan and place in the freezer for a few hours. Once frozen, pop them out and store them in a Baggie in the freezer. You can eat them frozen or let them sit out for a bit. One tablespoon has 100 calories, 9g fat, 3g carbs, 2g fiber. It's also called coconut butter. I love it!

Awesome idea! I've added it to coffee and just eaten it with a spoon! But frozen sounds great!
  • dmariet116
    dmariet116 Posts: 530 Member
    Options

Yes, I love coconut butter!
  • dmariet116
    Options
    Everything tastes good with cream cheese!!! Just mix in whatever you like! Cheese, meats, olives, avocado, pickles.... combinations are endless!
  • redimock
    Options
    Thanks again for the ideas everyone - I think I'll be prepared now :smile:

I hadn't heard of coconut manna/butter. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options

Oh I love this idea. I'm going to try this!
  • dmariet116
    Options
    redimock wrote: »
    Thanks again for the ideas everyone - I think I'll be prepared now :smile:

I hadn't heard of coconut manna/butter. I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

I personally LOVE Gopal's Raw Organic Coconut Butter. Found it on Amazon