5 weeks in: An update

Options
NattySchmatty
NattySchmatty Posts: 103 Member
An update almost 5 weeks later: It's been a rough start!! Not because of going low carb, but because I was struck with a stomach virus the first week and then a week later food poisoning while on vacation. So while I have been trying to stay Low Carb, there were quite a few days in there that I was only able to eat bread/crackers. There were also some days where I gave in to my emotional eating and just "didn't care" (of course I cared the next day :/ ) With that said I haven't given up. I have tried to immediately get back at it when I slip and so far I am enjoying this. I am 6 lbs down. I feel better. I have been fortunate that I have't had to many keto-flu issues. I have less IBS symptoms than I have had in years. My clothes don't feel super tight anymore and my stomach is noticeably less bloated. These are all WINS. I am quite dedicated to making this lifestyle change. I have another vacation coming up for July 4th. I plan on staying clear of the carby foods and beers. I will definitely drink some low carb beers and some whiskey! So, while I don't expect any huge losses anytime within the next 2 weeks I am happy with the way things are going and want to stick with this. My husband has been SUPER supportive and he is excited for me. He says he can see a change in my attitude toward food. That may be the biggest victory of all. I just wanted to say thanks to everyone here for the support, advice, and encouragement. It's been incredible to find so much information in one place.

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Fortunately, your liver will only store about 100-120g of glycogen, so small slip ups can be remedied pretty quickly. It's good to read that through your various problems, you are still staying the course. I've seen people give up under less than half of the stress that you mentioned here.
  • anewlifeat40
    anewlifeat40 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Great work sticking with it through a rocky start!!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Wow, that does indeed sound like a rough start. Way to hang in there and exercise your intestinal fortitude (i.e. inner strength). lol Keep up the great work.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Great start and good to hear you're going to continue!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    It will be sooooo worth it too! Good for you!!
  • RowdysLady
    RowdysLady Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Keep on keeping on! Great job moving past the start up issues!!
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great job! I think the attitude towards food is one of the things that helps a lot in the long run.