Replies

• SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^^
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm finding my weightloss to be very nonlinear. I lost weight, then went up a couple pounds and then went down even more, then went up a couple pounds, stayed there for a couple days then dropped to a pound and a half below my low. I don't know why it does that aside from water and waste weight, but so long as the trend is downward and I FEEL good, then I'm ok with it.
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Here's a great article on this matter that pretty much says everything that has been said above, but it's nice to find supporting info outside of our bubble.
    https://www.ketovangelist.com/4-reasons-your-stall-might-not-be-so-bad/

That's a great article! I never thought of it from that perspective. Thanks for sharing.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    That's a wonderful article @Sunny_Bunny_! Somehow I've been able to stick with this woe through many stalls, and scale increases, that really messed with my head! The results I saw at the other end, just waiting them out, staying on plan, have been worth it!

So many times, in the past, I would give up on a diet when this happened! I would think I was wasting my time, and go back to eating carbage! I believe the control over food that this woe has given me has made the difference!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    That's a wonderful article @Sunny_Bunny_! Somehow I've been able to stick with this woe through many stalls, and scale increases, that really messed with my head! The results I saw at the other end, just waiting them out, staying on plan, have been worth it!

So many times, in the past, I would give up on a diet when this happened! I would think I was wasting my time, and go back to eating carbage! I believe the control over food that this woe has given me has made the difference!

Yes!
    I really believe that most people need a motivator besides weight loss to be able to make the long term changes that are required for a lifetime of health and appropriate weight.
    There will be times of no weight loss. You can bet on it! So what's going to keep you going when that happens? You need to have an answer to that question.