Any Over-50 Vegans here? :-)

Journey0912
Journey0912 Posts: 46 Member
Hi everyone!

I've been away from MFP for awhile and boy it feels GREAT to be back! Like everyone, I've had a lot of changes going on in my life (and body....LOL) over the past couple of years and now I want to start concentrating on getting myself in better shape/health and making myself a top priority.

I was wondering if there are any members in this group who, like me, are over 50? (Sure hope I don't scare away all my young friends here.....you are all very dear to me! :) ) It's just that finding vegan friends in general is tough (as most of you know).....finding vegan friends in my age group seems to be tougher.

Either way though, I'm very pleased to be a part of this Team Vegan group just as is. :)

Feel free to respond here or message me if you wish.

Wishing you all an amazing day!
~*Journey*~

Replies

• loubikes
    loubikes Posts: 6 Member
    I'm over fifty and vegan. In fact, I'm over 60!
  • lcyama
    lcyama Posts: 209 Member
    ethical vegan and >50.
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    I'm vegan and almost 50 ;)
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    I'm in my 40's. A vegetarian- trying hard to be vegan but still slip up here or there. Having a crazy summer so just starting to log and get serious again. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    I'm over 50 and vegetarian for 20 years. Only added eggs to my diet a few years ago. (We have our own lazy hens, so I know they are treated well!)
  • rockymytdeb
    rockymytdeb Posts: 29 Member
    Just turned 57 and am newly plant based whole foods.
  • Rhumax67
    Rhumax67 Posts: 162 Member
    Me too. I haven't been posting for awhile but still interested & trying to get back in the swing of things.
  • sterlingeater
    sterlingeater Posts: 1 Member
    I'm an over 50 vegetarian trying to go vegan. Still eat eggs or cheese occasionally. Also trying to do better with balancing carbs and protein.
  • rkrp1
    rkrp1 Posts: 1 Member
    Over 50 and vegan!
  • cloggsy71
    cloggsy71 Posts: 2,208 Member
    47 here; I just had a heavy paper round (& Vegan since 2014)
  • JRSINAZ
    JRSINAZ Posts: 158 Member
    63 here. WFPB open diary to friend requests. Nobody thinks I m that old and I feel young again.
  • fouroclock
    fouroclock Posts: 11 Member
    60 yrs old and vegetarian for 30 years, vegan for 15. So happy to see so many vegans out there.
  • plantpowered
    plantpowered Posts: 25 Member
    Ethical vegan since 2004 (vegetarian prior to 2004) + over 50
  • tvm1970
    tvm1970 Posts: 162 Member
    49, female, menopausal 😬, vegan for 10 years 👋 Happy to add vegan friends.
  • RichWalkerRFW
    RichWalkerRFW Posts: 6 Member
    63, WFPB for 5 years, primarily for its health benefits. Open diary to friends. Feel free to add me.
  • annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    65. Vegan with slip ups ...i have had fish in the last but no more.
    I am interested in WFPB. Seriously need to lose some weight. I have just started jogging again.
    Love the motivation of NOT
    Annie x
  • lotsoplants
    lotsoplants Posts: 2 Member
    I just turned 54, and have been eating plant-based for eight years primarily for health reasons. I'm still working on adopting a fully vegan lifestyle.