Low/No Protein foods?

I seem to have trouble reigning in my protein consumption. I'm trying to increase my fat to 80%, protein 15% and carbs 5% or <20g daily. What are some ideas for low or no protein foods/meals?

Replies

• Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    These are pretty amazing: ruled.me/savory-pizza-fat-bombs/
    ruled.me/spicy-jalapeno-poppers/
    Actually, you can just pour through all of his recipes and find a lot of very high fat options.
    Failing that, there's always BPC.
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Fat bombs and BPC are working for me to get my fat up. It takes a leap of faith to just eat essentially fat at a meal, but I quickly got used to it because it's delicious.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    MimiOfTheLusciousLawn Posts: 2,212 Member
    edited June 2016
    Well duh, me! Want to lower your protein, increase your fat... I've only been on this WOE 18 months... lol, oops!
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    edited June 2016
    Yep.

I just ate an avocado. 290 calories. 26 grams of fat. 4 grams of protein. 3 net carbs. Mmmm afternoon snack... If instead I'd eaten 40g of macadamia nuts, it would have only been 3 grams of protein and 2 net carbs for the same calories (so, 30g of fat).
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    There's so many fat options! Add butter, olive oil or coconut oil to whatever you're cooking. I love loading up broccoli with garlic and olive oil and roasting it in the oven. Heavy cream in your coffee or tea, or create some of that chia pudding with it that people have been talking about. Dark chocolate, avocado and almonds. Fat bombs are popular although I haven't needed to make any yet.

I have no problems getting enough fat, my issue is getting enough protein. Lol.
  • Crisseyda
    Crisseyda Posts: 532 Member
    edited June 2016
    My staples are bone broth, heavy cream in coffee, homemade keto egg nog (egg yolks, cream, whole milk, nutmeg, and stevia... you don't need the milk if you prefer not, it just makes it a little bit thinner).
  • karebear5891
    karebear5891 Posts: 141 Member
    A tablespoon of mascarpone cheese (at least the brand I bought) has 5g fat, <1g protein, and 0 carbs. I sprinkle some cinnamon on it and eat it as a snack (if you don't know what mascarpone is, it's used in tiramisu and cannolis!)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Make homemade Alfredo sauce (I use equal parts butter, and heavy whipping cream (hwc) heated in a pan, then once heated add parmesan cheese to thicken, and season to taste) to have with your meat. Or make the same thing and add Dijon mustard to it making a hollandaise type sauce.

I used these a lot in the beginning to get my fat intake higher than protein, and is satisfying!
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Hmmm, great reminder - it's as if sauces are cold weather foods in my head; I haven't made a sauce in quite awhile. Thanks!
  • ogmomma2012
    ogmomma2012 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Fat bombs are always nice. :)
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Any ideas for a low protein dinner? I love my meat, but perhaps a meatless meal or two wouldn't hurt?
  • Gallowmere1984
    Define low. You can check out the recipes on http://ruled.me to find all kinds of mid to low protein, high fat dinner options.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Like <20g.
  • Gallowmere1984
    http://www.ruled.me/creamy-butter-shrimp/

"This makes a total of 3 servings. Each serving comes out to be 570 Calories, 56.2g Fats, 4.3g Net Carbs, and 18.4g Protein."
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    Mmmm, thank you, that sounds PERFECT for what I'm looking for... and yummmmy too!
  • Gallowmere1984
    edited June 2016
    No problem. I'd recommend bookmarking that site. I've never seen so much deliciousness in one place before.
  • landiodo
    landiodo Posts: 69 Member
    I like salads with cheese on top plus a mayonnaise based salad dressing.
  • MimiOfTheLusciousLawn
    No problem. I'd recommend bookmarking that site. I've never seen so much deliciousness in one place before.

Heh, gmta, I already did! Thanks again!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Is there a particular reason you're looking to keep your protein so low? At your age, you're at risk for a number of health complications that can be avoided by keeping protein (and lean mass) up and in good shape. Additionally, intentionally limiting protein is really only recommended for treatment of certain medical conditions, such as cancer and epilepsy.

That said, don't forget to look at your protein sources and make sure they're inherently fatty. Trade in the chicken and other poultry for fatty cuts of beef or pork, for example. Get the cuts without the fat trimmed, too, then eat the visible fat, first.

Also, have a look at Andrew Scarborough. He follows a zero carb, low protein ketogenic diet for purposes of treating/healing his brain cancer and seizures. Some of the foods he uses are unorthodox, but might provide you with some ideas. http://mybraincancerstory.blogspot.com/