Losing fat

Options
DiIDE
DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
Hi all I am 166cm tall and weigh 58.4kg BMI 20.8. Last Friday I had a DEXA body composition scan done to see where I was at and to give me motivation to stick to healthy eating and exercise. What a shock the results were, I have to lose 5kg of fat and put on 5kg of muscle. I was told I was what is known as skinny fat looking forward to today when I get an email to tell me the ratio of macros and calories I need to eat to get rid if it. Was going for a 5.5klm walk today, but have decided to hit the weights room instead and do some heavy lifting. Wish me luck

Replies

• moominpoo
    moominpoo Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I need to do the same- I am 'skinny fat' (more fat that skinny though ha!), my BMI is 21.6 but since having a child my stomach is a flabby mess. I don't think losing any more weight is going to do a thing so I definitely need to get on with focusing on strength training.
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I was skinny fat with a BMI of around 20. It only took about 3 months of strength training and eating at a slight deficit to tighten everything up.
  • moniblu
    moniblu Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a DEXA scan in January and another in March. I agree, the initial results are shocking! It was a great motivator for me, and I did like you are going to, I hit the weights and added in boxing, along with my normal walks. In a few months people were acting like they didn't recognize me, so I went back for another scan to check my results. I had lost 15 lbs of fat and gained 9 lbs of muscle. So even though my weight hadn't moved much my body was completely different. Make sure when you think you've made some progress you get rescanned, it's a great tool for tracking progress. Good luck!
  • DiIDE
    DiIDE Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Thanks Moniblu I intend to get another scan in six months to check my progress I hope I am as successful as you, you must have been really stoked when you got the last results. How long did it take you to get that result?