Motivation accountability and support June 27 thru July 3

bevkidd1
bevkidd1 Posts: 266 Member
I didn't see one started for this week so here goes...
1. Get back to exercising. I have already started this goal. I have exercised 3 nights in a row.
2. Drink more water...less tea. I don't really drink the soda anymore.
3. Log my food every night and take my breakfast and lunch to work so I don't buy from the vending machine.
4. When it cools off again (I'm in Arizona) go for more walks.
5. Follow the plan I decided upon with my dietitian. Eating 3 meals a day with small snacks in between. (this will be the hardest one for me.)

I really feel like I am getting back to what I was doing before "taking my break" so let's see how it goes from here. I am really optimistic and excited again!

Replies

• HLaR79
    HLaR79 Posts: 1,519 Member
    Yay bevkidd thanks!!

I was not very functional yesterday i have very bad sunburns and i just couldn't think!

It sounds like you made a good plan with the dietician great job!

Last week i met most of my goals, this week my goals are too:
    1) heal from my sunburns
    2) weed out 1 of my sodas per day
    3) go for a walk 4 days, i went today so 3 more to go!
    4) reduce evening snacks to try and push past my stall

Vacation next weekend!
  • bevkidd1
    HLaR79 wrote: »
    Yay bevkidd thanks!!

I was not very functional yesterday i have very bad sunburns and i just couldn't think!

It sounds like you made a good plan with the dietician great job!

Last week i met most of my goals, this week my goals are too:
    1) heal from my sunburns
    2) weed out 1 of my sodas per day
    3) go for a walk 4 days, i went today so 3 more to go!
    4) reduce evening snacks to try and push past my stall

Vacation next weekend!

4 nights in a row exercising for me. I'm tired of being tired! Now to get my dietitian book out and re-read the material so I can get into this conditioning my body...have no idea if i can pull it off but i'm going to do my best! I feel invigorated and motivated again so off I go! Good luck with your goals this week!
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    Ouch, sunburn isn't fun at all.Hope it is better by time you go on vacation.

Bevkidd1, 4 days in a row is a good start on your goal. I have been saying the same thing (I'm tired of being tired). Glad to see you are motivated!

I have been completing my goals every day but it still feels like I am forcing myself so I can't say I feel motivated yet. But I will if I keep at them!

• bevkidd1
    I can't say that I am all that motivated...I still have to make myself exercise and I'm still having trouble eating right but I refuse to give up or stop trying. I will keep going though because I want and will be healthier. It's just going to take a while to get there.
  • jltheis7
    jltheis7 Posts: 496 Member
    10 days and counting!
  • Pandabear0324
    Pandabear0324 Posts: 425 Member
    Having serious gains from the long weekend (bad decisions were made) plus TOM.. up like 7lbs :( ugh. Some of it must be water right? Anyone else get the feeling when you have a bad day/weekend that you will wake up the next day having gained back everything you lost? I do all the time! No wonder people suggest a therapist and doctor support for this kinda thing...
  • violet456
    violet456 Posts: 674 Member
    Having serious gains from the long weekend (bad decisions were made) plus TOM.. up like 7lbs :( ugh. Some of it must be water right? Anyone else get the feeling when you have a bad day/weekend that you will wake up the next day having gained back everything you lost? I do all the time! No wonder people suggest a therapist and doctor support for this kinda thing...

Been there, it sucks. I have a two pound gain at TOM, then sometimes 3 bcs of bad eating. Then directly after I loose about 3 and yay, but then my water balances again and back up 1. Very annoying and try to not pay too much attention to scales for the week of and about 5 days after. A bit hard to keep focused though too.
  • Pandabear0324
    Definitely sucks! 5 lbs is my normal TOM gain so I know some of this has to be from the bad eating :( hard to stay motivated when the scale stays the same high number all week.. I also torture myself with daily weighing.. but I have gone to the gym each day like I'm supposed to so hopefully it all wooshes off in a few days
  • NissaSmith
    NissaSmith Posts: 27 Member
    Try to view your journey as more then just weight lost. Try to find motivation in the small healthy things. Like today I could have ordered a pizza but I talked myself out of it and got a salad instead. It's all those small healthy steps you should celebrate because the small things are going to be what determines your end results ♡ I hope your motivation finds you. I've been having a hard time too ♡
  • Pandabear0324
    Thank you! It really does help to reflect on the small successes :) after dinner I so wanted to eat a yummy caramel cupcake... but I didn't because I can live without it for now :wink: wish that my kitchen didn't have these little temptations in it lol my fiance is usually the culprit (not always of course) but it makes it harder