Prepping for a photo shoot

Options
Mouse_Potato
Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
I've scheduled my first photo shoot for next Saturday (Eeeeek!) and I'm very excited, but also a bit nervous and confused. I am mostly concerned with my nutrition leading up to the big day. I have a horrible tendency to bloat and I've yet to pin down what foods/drinks cause it. Any advice? Do any of you have specific foods you include or avoid when planning for photos? Same for workouts. Lift or don't lift? No, I don't expect to see any major changes in my body over the next 9 days (though I did drop 1.8 pounds this morning), but I would like to minimize bloat and emphasize my muscles. Thanks!

Replies

• Mouse_Potato
    Options
    If anyone is interested, it went well. I did limit my sodium and carbs (not too much) leading up to the day of the shoot. I had a very light breakfast of egg whites, Ezekiel bread, and a Laughing Cow wedge. And coffee, of course, so I didn't kill anyone. I did not bloat (yay!). I opted to take a break from lifting because my appetite rages out of control when I lift.

Anyway, it was awesome and I can't wait to see my pictures!
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    @Mouse_Potato congrats! I'm happy for you. If you feel comfortable enough, please post a pic. I'd love to see it/them. I did a photoshoot last year and went well.
  • Mouse_Potato
    Options
    Thanks! I don't know how long it will take to get them, but I'm sure I will post a few. I didn't do anything too crazy as I'd already spent an hour posing for aerial silks pictures, but I saw a few preview shots and was quite pleased. :)
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I know it takes forever to get the pics back. The anticipation can be painful.